(Selena's POV)

After I hung up with Justin I knew that there was something going on; it was a little strange about the way he wanted to get some sleep. I groaned and rolled over in my part of Miley's bed. Even though it was huge it still wasn't big enough for the three of us. I started to yawn but stopped myself. I looked at Miley's wall clock and was shocked. It was nearly twelve-mid-night. I'd stayed up late before but it surprised me to notice that I was actually tired. A yawn snuck its way out of my mouth as I let myself drift to sleep.

I woke up the next morning to the sound of Miley and Demi giggling across the room. I rubbed my eyes and went over to them.

"Morning, Sleeping Beauty," they chimed as they did each other's nails.

I yawned and slumped onto the floor. Demi touched my arm and gave me an encouraging smile; as if to say everything was alright. I guess she could sense the tension I was still feeling the night before. Miley shot me a smile and started to paint my already manicured toe-nails. If today is anything better than yesterday, I thought, I'll be the happiest.

(Jessica's POV)

I woke up and rubbed my eyes. I looked out my window and saw the rising sun; it was beautiful. I got up, stretched and looked for something to wear. I was just about to brush my hair my phone rang.

Today I don't feel like doing anything

I just wanna lay in my bed

don't feel like picking up my phone

so leave a message at the tone

because today I swear I'm not doing anything

nothing at all

I started to become familiar with the ringtones on my phone. I knew it was mom. I grabbed the phone and answered.

"Hey," I said, trying to brush my hair at the same time. "How's everything over there?"

"It's going great," she replied sounding out of breath. "I was just running and pretending to use guns and rifles o moment ago, but I'm fine. How 'bout you? Nick and Justin checking in now and then?"

"Yeah," I said, setting the brush down. "Umm, so when will you be back?"

"Dunno, but I should be back within the next couple of weeks."

"Mmm," I said looking at my reflection in the mirror. "Well don't let me keep you. Love ya."

"Love you too. Bye, Sweetie."

I hung up and tossed the phone to my bed. I couldn't get Selena's note from Nick's party.

You're an amazing friend, Jessica. You always have been. But if after I break up with Justin, I want you to promise me that you put him in his place. You know, if he want dinner, you can go, but keep it in mind that it's two friends hanging out. Don't let him make you think otherwise. I trust you enough to let you do this, but once you lose my trust....You won't be able to get it back without proving yourself that I can still trust you. I am extremely honored that you'd come to me about the other night. Thank you,

Selena.

I had to figure out a way to make sure that she can continue to trust me, even if she finds out. I picked up the brush and finished where I'd left off.

I was in the kitchen fixing myself some breakfast when two hands took hold of my waist. I turned quickly and stood in shock.

"Alex," I said, confused. "How'd you get in?"

"Spare key," he replied, holding out a key to me. "It's always on the eaves of the door."

"What're you doing here?" I asked, taking a step back.