17

(Alex's POV)

It wasn't that I didn't want her to know that I was still there. But I don't want her to get all worked up. Especially since she was still recovering. I saw Aria run past my hiding spot, but I stayed where I was behind the curtain wall devider. For some reason I felt oddly glad to know that Jessica's real name was Amy. I didn't know why, it just felt like it was good to know. I was a little down about the real Jessica though. She died...how was Michelle able to keep Jessica's death a secret for so long? It was definitely not easy, but she did.

I had left the roses as a get well surprise. I had heard Amy's reaction to the card, which was not what I was expecting at all. I was waiting to see whether Aria would come back when my phone vibrated. It was a text from Jess' phone, but I knew Amy was the one texting on her own, without the Jessica wall being up.

The text was: Roses are red, violets are blue, you said that you were sorry, and I forgive you. Thank you for being there that night. I don't know if Aria and Jason would've gotten me help in time. And I know that you cried a lot that night. So, I'm going to repay you...somehow. I really will. Thanks again, Jessica....Amy ;)

Oh, it definitely was not from the Jessica character. She was being herself. My reply to her was the picture we took together that 'first' time we met at the prmeire.

I wrote: You're welcome. Ha-ha! Now I know why you were smiling so big.

I heard her laugh on the other side of the devider. I smiled to myself as I waited for her to reply.

LOL! I was trying so hard to act 'normal' I guess I didn't do such a good job, huh? You know what else? It's no coincidence that you were the second person I met and the second person to learn about my true identity (Amy).

Wow! Go figure. So, any idea when you'll be out and about again?

Hopefully tomorrow...At least that's what I was told a few days ago.

And the first chance you get, you're gonna break it off with Justin, right? I prompted. You said to remind you.

She replied: Already taken care of. He came the morning after my fiasco...

How did he take it? Did he ask why?

He was cool, he's already patched things up with Selena and they're back together. As far as the public knows, they were never apart.

Say, why did you want to break up? I was curious to know because she hadn't told me why when she made the decision.

I wanted to put things back together. I don't even know whether the real Jessica would've done that at all.

She's right, I thought. The real Jessica wouldn't have been as as cautious.

I looked up at the sound of footsteps coming into the room. I shrunk into my hiding spot as Aria passed by. She didn't see me. She seemed disappointed.

"He's gone," I heard her say. "I was pretty sure that if I ran I'd probably catch him in the parking lot, but I was to late, and I don't really remember what his car looked like."

"Don't worry," Amy said. "I'm texting him. It's good enough that I thanked him at least."

"How can he be texting?" Aria asked; she sounded confused. "If he's driving he could get in a car crash!"

I had forgotten about that. But maybe Amy could come up with an explanation on her own.

"Someone was probably driving him somewhere," Amy replied, assertively. "He probably stopped here on his way to the airport. He has a movie he's gonna do soon and he has to fly out to the set."