chapter 6

Dedicated to @daureenching

Chris walked inside the mansion loosening up his tie. He was tired and all he could think of at that moment was him freshening up and having his dinner then sleeping all the night.

His mind didn't want to think of anything, not even the game that he was playing with his wife. She had a taste of his own medicine and that was enough today. Yeah, plus her sleeping on the cold floor.

That was more than enough for him. It was just the beginning. He couldn't help his mind moving back to today in the morning. When he woke up and found her shivering on his cold floor like a little puppy she was.

He didn't know why, but he was satisfied when he saw her. Something in him was more than glad. Glad that he was going to break her little by little and no one would help her. Not even her father.

A smile formed on his lips. Maybe he was insane. But he didn't care as long as he inflicted the pain on her himself and saw her suffer on his own pain. That was more than enough for him.

He was just about to take the second stair case when he heard laughter from the kitchen. He looked towards it and thought it was his chef and one of the maids gossiping about someone.

Chris had warned them so many times not to gossip during working hours but it seemed like they were landing on the deaf ears. Anyway you can't control an old habit. At least that's what his mum taught him.

He moved to walk away but the laughter increased by every step he took. That was not what bothered him the most. What bothered him was the new voice that he heard and it had him all curious.

He knew curiosity killed the cat but still he found himself walking towards the kitchen. He didn't know why he did that, but what he knew at that moment was that his legs had mind of their own.

"You can't be serious," The voice said.

Chris noticed that it was struggling to keep the laugh inside but in a way it was impossible. From what he could gather from where he stood was that there were three people in the kitchen.

One was his chef's laugh and the second one was from his,"Momma?"

He was now confused. What was his mother doing there at this time of a day? She knew that he needed scape with his new wed and still she came to his mansion? What was she after?

Chris knew his mother very well. And wherever she went and he was there, she was always up to no good at all. This was no good in fact.

He moved closer to the kitchen door,just then his mum spoke.

"You better believe it my dear," Bernice said,"you can ask Alma if you don't believe me."

There was a pose then,"it's true," Alma confirmed whatever they were talking about, "at that time he was only ten and I had started working there only few days."

Ten? Chris thought. He was sure they were talking about him. But what he wasn't sure of was what had happened at ten. Then it rung on his mind. That day he had met a......

"Did I tell you how he asked the first girlfriend to be his girl?" Bernice cut his thoughts.

"Not yet," that voice. Of course, how could he miss it. It was hers. It was his wife's and his mother was filling her with his embarrassing moment of his life.

And she, she found his funny to laugh at. He couldn't believe the nerve of her to laugh at his past mistakes.

"Ooh boy," Bernice began, "he was...." just then, the door opened and in walked the topic of the evening.