chapter 43

Dedicated to @SoumitaSarkar

Chris carried Maya in his arms the moment their Uber stopped in front of their booked hotel. He asked the driver to help him with the luggage and the both walked in. At the reception, Chris was helped by one of the works who took their bags from the driver and led the way to their hotel room. Once their room was opened wide, Chris walked in first and toward the bedroom. She was tired and he understood why she was.

Maya had been working hard for the past one week just to make sure that she didn't leave her patients with unsolved problem. She even went out of her way to tell them that she won't be around and showed them whom they should consult for their medical health.

Chris pulled the covers over her body after removing her shoes and making sure that she was comfortable. He moved away from her and took their luggage away from the sitting area. The honeymoon suite was great as far as he could see it. Chris unpacked their belongings and walked to the bathroom.

He too needed to relax his muscles. As much as he was in a hurry to get away from his continent and enjoy his time with his new found love he had to leave his business in good condition. To him, apart from Maya and his mother that business was his life. Chris let the warm water cures his body. There flight had delayed and that's why they arrives past midnight.

Chris walked out of the bathroom wrapped in towel. He pulled a blue boxer from the closest before walking back to the bed where his beautiful wife laid. He smiled at himself as he slept next to her.

His life had changed. In a way that he never thought it would. Before meeting Maya, he thought that Kimberly was the one. The one that he would spend his life with but when he saw Maya, something changed.

Something that he was too arrogant to admit to himself or anyone else. What else would then explain why he was ready to kill his best friend when he made a joke of having her as a one night stand? And he had only met her once then? She changed him in a way that was not possible.

Chris pulled the covers over his body and the moment he was settled on the bed Maya moved towards him. It's something that she had adopted for the pat one week and it's funny how his body reacted when she did that.

It was supposed to be used to her touch, right? But every time she came close to him it felt like its there first time to encounter. Maya laid her head on his chest and wrapped on leg around his making him breath hard.

He had been waiting for this for the past one week. He had been patient enough and write now he didn't trust himself. Not even one bit. For crying out loud he had been telling himself to wait till this day and when the day arrives, their flight get delayed one to carry his sleeping wife on their arrival.

Chris took in a big breath before closing his eyes and thinking of something else. Something like food, anything as long as its not the beautiful lady laying her head on his chest. And to say it worked he would be laying since it didn't work.

Everything was leading him to her. For instance, when he thought of the music he remembered the reason why he is with her now. Food, he remember how he had punished her on their first honeymoon by making her cook food for him and Kimberly. Worse was when he thought of his fashion company. It was there where he had aimed to humiliate her. Where he used her name to make money with it. He hated himself for even thinks because all he could remember was the bad things that he did to her. Nothing good at.

Chris let his eyes close and thought of the future. The future of him and his love and life. That was the only thing that would give him piece. the one thing that didn't remind him of his hateful self and it was a relieve to him. Relieve relief to know that he could thing of great moments to come with his beloved. Thinking of the future made him fall into a peaceful  slumber believing that tomorrow and the day after tomorrow and till the end of time will be a good day for him and Maya.