chapter 35

Dedicated to @dollca 11

Maya woke up the following day to find herself in the arms of her dear husband. He had cuddled her from her back and it left her wondering when he did that. To her, they were only going to sleep and that's what happened or at least that's what she thought till morning.

She thought for a while how she was going to get out of his arms without waking him up since she was going to avoid him today. Not because he hugged her from behind so tight that she couldn't breath but because he was no sober when he apologised or rather she apologised.

What if he woke up and thought that nothing had changed? That he had apologised to her and she to him? It was better to handle this things at night to avoid bad day. Maya tried to turn so that she laid of her back but his hold just tightened which left her wondering if he was really asleep.

His breathing was evenly and that to her meant Chris was either half asleep or he was pretending to be. But it didn't stop her from trying again and again which all she got was firm hands around her.

Maya moved her eyes to the grandfather clock that hung on the walk to find that it was five in the morning. She never walk up at the time, she walk up at six and her husband walk up at five twenty to go for his morning jog.

Her breath quicken when she heard someone breath on her neck. Of course it did sent shivers down her spine which had her hold her breath. She should've expected when she had a chance. Maybe gone to make breakfast for him with a brewing coffee for his hangover. But no, she had to struggle to be on her back which woke him up.

What happened to don't wake him? She had no idea herself and now, now she was going to pay for her bad choice.

"You smell so good." Chris said still on her neck. His voice was more heavy than it usually is which made her amused. It's the first time she heard his speak for his sleep and to be honest, it was sexy than she hated to admit. "You smell like lavender and it's driving me crazy."

Of course it had to since he pulled her closer than she thought it was important. Her tag top had risen up and her skin on the back touched his bare stomach. Wait, bare? Chris had worn a tee shirt and sweatpants when they went to sleep and now he was wearing nothing since her legs and thigh were skin to skin with his. She wanted to jump out of bed but his hold held her still.

As if reading her mind, he answered. "It was hot in the night so I got rid of my clothes." Chris planted a perk on her neck. "The thing is that I don't know if it's you who made this place so hot or the duvet. But not to worry I'm in my briefs not unless you want to get rid of them yourself. To be honest, I won't mind."

Those words bothered Maya so much. She didn't know why but the did and he didn't help when he slide his one hand to her belly. Maya held her breath as if waiting for it to either go up or down but it did none. Instead, he rubbed her belly and she couldn't miss the smirk that she felt from him on her neck.

Things had taken a wrong turn. Not how she expected them to go. She thought Chris would have a hangover in the morning when he woke up and yet, here he was doing this sinful things to her. Yes, sinful. She hadn't bargained for this when she laid to the bed with him last night. Please, remind her next time when she thinks of doing that again.

Maya's thoughts were pulled back when she heard pain from where Chris had been sucking for the last God knows how long. And that when she came to her senses and understood what he was doing. The bastard had given her a hickey. He had given her a freaking hickey so that whoever saw her would think she had a steamy night or morning.

"Don't worry kitten," Chris said when he felt her try to move away from him. "I was just making my territory. So Mr. Ambrose will see that he stands no chance."