chapter 34

Dedicated @shuetEllysha

Chris finished the target of his day that day late. It's been one week since the reconciliation he had been trying to balance work and family. Family, that word alone made him smile. He had a family, yes, his Maya's and the only thing that was missing in that family was kids that looked like him or Maya.

If anything he wanted their daughters to look like their mother and sons to look like him but inherit their mother's green eyes. And they they would be a complete family. A happy one since it would be a football team players in that mansion.

Of he didn't need one kid or two at that matter like everyone else is doing out there. He wanted to be like his ancestors. The one who thought that having many kids was counted to be rich. That's what he wanted to be rich. Not in money wise but rich in heart.

Rich for having a full house and that would be possible if he won Maya up within less than seven months now. He still loved Kimberly to be fair to himself and everyone around him. One doesn't fall out of love within an over night but still he felt something different for Maya.

Something that could make them leave happily ever after if there was that. He didn't believe in that himself. To him, it's just a way of avoiding to make a story long that it supposed to be and that happily ever after is where true disasters occur. Come to think of it.

If there are ever after would people get divorced after getting married? Would a mother abandon their own flesh and blood? Would relatives treat each other like dirt or strangers? Would people bury their loved ones because they were killed? That's why their wasn't happy after for him. He didn't believe in it and neither was he going to do that.

Chris closed his book after going through it for the past ten minutes. He wanted everything to be perfect for that day. The day that he would hand over the gift. He pushed his chair back and pulled his coat away from his seat. He had less than twenty minutes to get home and make dinner like he has been doing for the past one week. That's how he knew he would get time to spend with Maya.

His wife was always busy with her work and he if he didn't come up with ideas of how to spend time with her then he would find seven months are over and they're getting a divorce. And he didn't want to regret never giving it a try.

So that's why he made sure he did everything before six in his office and went home to get started with the cooking. He still knew nothing about her favourite dessert. So he bought or prepared any dessert that he knew apart from chocolate ice cream. Some of them she made disgusting face when she took them in her mouth and others she had no reaction and when he asked she would only say they're okay. As for the rest, she moaned the moment she took them in and that would bother him way too much and also excite him at the same time. But none was her favourite or maybe she didn't want him to know yet.

Chris walked to the elevator and he thanked his luck stars that he had made it to the elevator without running into Wesley. But that bubble was busted out when the elevator doors opened again and in walked the devil that had then taken over his thoughts.

Of course Wesley being the best friend of the year, he had a mischievous grin but said nothing. And Chris being Chris, he preferred to say nothing unless asked anything.

"So," of course he wouldn't have lasted that long. They're now walking on the lobby. "When are the clothes going to be ready. Remember that we've only next week and we still have no measures to use."

Chris let out a breath that he had no idea that he was holding. He thought Wesley will go about his daily bread of teasing him every chance he got. Telling him how much in love he was with the lass of which was no true. Yes he was in love but with a different woman whom he hadn't see since the incident that took place at the restaurant and he was happy. Was he being unfair?