chapter 10

Not even Wesley could do his magic for Maya to be ready in twenty minutes and Chris knew that very well. But the fear he saw in her eyes when he said that, it was worth the treat.

She feared him and no drought about that.

Chris walked to where the fashion show was about to take the place and looked around. Everything was going on so well and he couldn't help but admire the work of the PR agency that he had hired.

They had done a good job by letting all the celebrities and the reporters seat at the front rows. He knew it would help him and his career as whole. The rest of the guest sat at the back and the only thing that remained was the show.

He walked backstage and called the people who were to open the show officially. As they walked away, he went to hurry the models so that they can be ready by the time the others were done.

Chris walked back at the front and found the two dancers, padded like marshmallows, flitting and twirling across the wooden floor. All his audience were already enjoy the show as they laugh where they saw humour and clapped where necessary.

Once the dancers were done, he took the mic and welcomed everyone buy thanking them for having the time to be there. Once he was done the model began catwalks along the ramp.

Chris admired his model as they show cased his designing but his eyes could not wait to see one person. He missed her and he longed to hold her in his arms. If only he wasn't married now. If only he didn't have to pretend to everyone.

Just then, she stepped out and his eyes were glued on her. Kimberly looks beautiful in a black dress that reached her mid thigh. Her smile made every old man and woman in there wish she was their daughter.

As for you ladies, they wanted a body as hers. And the men Chris's age wanted her as theirs. If only they knew she was taken. And it him who owned her heart and no one else. He smiled at himself since no one knew their secret, of course apart from his best friend.

He watched her catwalk till the end of the runaway which made him remember the past. The first time he met Kimberly. How could he forget that faithfully day ever in his life? It was the most magical thing in his life and he loved every bit of it.

How many did he wish he could meet her again for the first time? Ten times? He had even lost count of it but he was grateful that it happened even that once. Chris smiled at himself letting his mind flow deeper into memories.

Chris had been called to a fashion show as a musician who was to open the show that day. He went to the place and PR agency did a very poor job he even sent him to the wrong room to wait for the show to begin.

When he walked to the room with his lemonade juice to smoother his voice, he had accidentally poured it on a lady that he had no idea that she was in their. He began to apologize wiping the juice off her but she held his hands to stop him.

And there, the magic happened. He felt electric currents flow all over his body and he couldn't help himself but look up and there, he met the most beautiful brown eyes her had ever seen. Time stood still for him and neither did he want it to move.

Only He who is in even knew

how long they gazed at each other. Because the next thing he remembers is that the one who was supposed to help her walked in to get her ready. And walked out to go and perform since it was time.

He waited for her outside the building when the show was over to apologize. Which he did and from that day they became friends. From friends to lovers whom they're still that's to Kimberly for never wanting to go public before.

Of course, at first it did both him but now he sees why. He can be married but still have her in his arms as his girlfriend and no one can ever think of them being together. It was for the best as she used to tell him and now he understands it. Since no rumours about him and her.

Chris heard a big gasp and he looked towards the place where they were all looking. Kimberly was just walking backstage to change for the final round. But what caught his eye was his wife. She was dressed in a dress that he had made for Kimberly himself but she had a black dress instead.

That's why people gasped. To him, she wasn't that much pretty as much as Wesley tried to make her look. Her green eyes didn't match with the dress since they're the most green eyes he had ever laid his eyes on.

Second, she was too fat for a model and her model skills were too poor despite the one week of training by Wesley, thinking of him, Chris was going to kill him for what he had done.

That dress was supposed to be for his queen of her heart and not the daughter of Jezebel. He has made it with so much love for her and him, how dare him do that? He looked at her from head to toe then back up to her green eyes as she walked past him.

Chris watched Maya walk till the end of the ramp then walk back again. She did try to smile but nothing like Kimberly's, hers was forced and not natural and anyone who had eyes could tell that. But he did feel happy seeing her like that.

Forcing a smile for the sake of him and the world.

Round two began and everything went perfectly. Chris loved the reaction that he was getting from people and he was so sure that his line will be a success. Success because of his wife. Her name and presents was more than enough for him.

Kimberly walked to the crowd to bring the lady behind the inspiration as everyone wanted to think and she wasn't wearing the white dress that he had designed for her to close the show. When Maya walked out, he held his mouth open.

Everyone stood up to welcome her while clapping and the rest of the models stood in a kind with their smiles on. She catwalk then came back to where her husband stood.

This time, her smile wasn't fake and Chris realized that but in a way, he was happy it was genuine for his business since the reporters were all doing there job in there.

                  ********

Hello guys, hope you all are doing okay.

Here it's a new chapter lemme know what you think of it. I know it's a filter but please comment and point to the mistakes so that I can correct on them.

Next update is within this week. Have a lovely night to those who it's night time like me and the rest, nice day.