Anzar: Shaken Control

Anzar gathered her small frame to his chest, tightening his arm wrapped around her waist

Anzar gathered her small frame to his chest, tightening his arm wrapped around her waist. She slept on with her body melted against his, showing even more trust. He rumbled as he closed his eyes, focusing his senses on the female in his arms. He enjoyed the backs of her thighs pressed against his. Her backside nestled against his groin, with his arousal harder than he had ever experienced. It was painful enough to throb, a constant reminder of his need. The weight of her breasts rested on his forearm and the feel of them was delicious and tempting. He nuzzled her neck. Her brown curls feathered across his face, and her sweet scent drenched his nostrils.

When the game had begun, and she had stood there not running after the yellow female, disappointment had drained his enthusiasm. He had expected her to make this harder for him, to challenge him with her determination, her stubbornness. Then she had bolted for Mother. He had almost had her, with her tendrils brushing across his grasping fingers. Then she had clambered up Mother with fluid and precise movements, settling on a branch high up. His breath had caught, and silence had descended on his people.

It had been years since Mother had shown such favor and that it was to his female made it more precious to him. This was bittersweet for Anzar. Had Mother not shown her favor, he would be roaring his pleasure now; not that he knew how to mate with her species. He had been willing to try though, and therein lay his unhappiness. As a chosen one, she did have a choice. He rumbled, rubbing his nose along her neck, marveling at her softness. And should she accept him, a chosen one as a chieftain's mate? Sunkhu had long had such a blessing.

He wished he knew how to make her choose him. Until he worked out how, he would continue to force his presence upon her. The feel of her so close to him and, Mother, when she smiled ... the joy and warmth of sunrise burst across her face. Her lips had widened revealing her small, white, and blunt teeth, blinding him with her beauty.

Her torn cloth had revealed the bounty beneath. His hands trembled as he stroked the lush skin of her neck, remembering the vision of her pale globe. She had been embarrassed if he understood the strange color on her cheeks. His people's skin was too dark to reveal such complicated emotions. Worse, she had pulled away from him, covering her chest as if she had offended him. Anzar leaned his head back to look at the stars and the bright sister moon blessing him with her soft silver light. Offended? Tempted, yes. Shaken, yes, but never offended. He would have to awaken her soon and escort her to her tent, to leave her alone, to abandon her until sunrise. He wasn't certain he was strong enough to resist sliding between the furs and drawing her against him.

He turned his head to rub his cheek across Mother's skin. He smiled as she glowed.

"Mother, I need your strength, please." She pulsed in response and he sighed. "Thank you for blessing her." The glow grew brighter, almost as blinding as his female's smile. "Thank you for leading me to her." Anzar gathered his female closer to him, rumbling as he succumbed to the temptation again to nuzzle her.

"Anzar!"

Gripping the branch with his thighs, he leaned a little to his left and looked down. His elder, Narro, stood below grinning at him as if Anzar had a reason to be joyful.

"Yes, Narro?"

"We've prepared the visitor's tent for your female."

"She's not mine," he said, and ruined the strength of that statement by burying his face in the curve of her neck.

"Not yet. Mother assures me that it will be soon."

His breath caught, and he glanced at the female in his arms. Soon, he could be patient and strong enough for soon.

"My thanks, Narro."

"When she awakens, inform her that she needs to demonstrate her gratitude to me. Mother was most pleased."

Anzar frowned, what gratitude? He knew better than to ask, though. "I shall do so. Sweet slumber, old one." Anzar pressed his back against Mother. His backside was numbing, but he didn't move to ease the pain. His need to hold his female overtook logic and any discomfort he had to endure.

Mother, what manner of female was she to rattle his control like this? None of the adebas had done so, for which he was grateful. To woo such a female took much from a male, in wealth and emotion.

Perhaps he needed to find suitable gifts for his female, something to show how hopeful he was that she might choose him as her mate. What could he supply her without leaving the village?

He stroked his thumb along the underside of a plump breast. Clothing to start. His chest swelled as he pictured her in his tunic and nothing else. What was this burning, growing intensity inside him that had no name?

She stirred, and he tightened his grip, not wanting this moment to end. He whispered Sunkhuni endearments until she settled. He was a fool, and should his people mock him for his selfish behavior, he didn't care. This was one blessing he had every intention of claiming.

 This was one blessing he had every intention of claiming