Molly: Polite? No.

With a jolt, Molly awoke

With a jolt, Molly awoke. The sky's dark red hue told her how late it was. Her butt cheeks complained of their abuse, before falling silent in a state of petulant numbness. She sat up, drawing his attention. His arms loosened with his hands lowering to grip her hips. Yup, at least the extra pounds were coming in handy ... pun intended. She shifted away, and he let her.

"Now is it safe to go down?" he teased her.

At his tone, her head snapped up and she found herself grinning in the direction of his voice. Thankfully, she had an excellent memory of where the branches were, otherwise, she would be panicking about climbing down in the dark. Molly slid off the branch.

"Wait!" He tried to stop her, but his warning came too late. She had released the branch.

She expected to land on the branch beneath it. There was nothing there. With an oomph, his body hit hers, falling with her. He spun in mid-air calling to Mother to help. He landed on his back on three branches that combined to catch him, like fingers pressed together. Molly sprawled on top of him, smashed against all his hard edges. She struggled to breathe, to draw in air against the vise squeezing her chest.

Futtering her fingers over his face and his ribs, she searched for injuries. "Are you all right? Anything hurt?"

"I am fine, temaar." His hands slid from her hips to above her ass, tightening to crush her against his body. Parts of hers melted into a pool of need that wasn't due to his warmth.

Dismissing her reaction to his dominance as nothing other than her misconstruing the situation, she used his chest and held herself off him. "Then what the hell were you thinking? You could've killed me, you ... us."

"Mother's branches move. It is why you have her blessing. If she hadn't wanted you to climb her, she would've retracted her branches." He rubbed his hands up and down her back, and she fought the urge to arch and purr like a friggin' kitten.

"That's ... incredible." Molly winced. What else could she have said? It was amazing, almost unbelievable that a tree had saved them. The glowing tree, Mother, was an unknown. Molly wasn't going to be an idiot and accidentally insult it ... her.

The three branches moved as one to lower them to the ground and as soon as Molly's feet touched down, she slid off Anzar to hug the trunk, pressing a kiss to the bark. It pulsed green in response.

"What is that?" Anzar gestured to her lips and the tree. He had held his palm to the trunk, and was thus close enough to see her kiss the bark.

"It's called a kiss. It can have many meanings." She lifted his hand and kissed his knuckles. "This means hello, or greetings. Bend down please." And he did without hesitation. She pressed an air kiss to each of his cheeks. "Also hello." Then she cupped his bearded cheeks to brush her lips across his mouth... "Thank you, for saving me." She lingered, liking the feel of his soft beard tickling her lips and chin. Where she found the nerve to kiss him, she would never know. That Anzar had stayed with her, been honest with her, saved her ... no man had done that before. "I kissed Mother to thank her for coming to our rescue."