Molly: Weapons

Leading thirteen males, in the company of one show-off computer, turned out to be more painful than she had anticipated

Leading thirteen males, in the company of one show-off computer, turned out to be more painful than she had anticipated. Anzar had glued his hand to hers, not releasing it unless a necessity arose and grabbing it again when he could. She found that odd, but she wasn't going to say anything, not after the morning she had.

Visions of his beautiful body had burned into her retinae. She hoped it remained there for the foreseeable future, or until she mated the male she chose. She glanced at them, watching them pull out various guns from the Illonion steel crate. Anzar was amongst them, having finally released her hand. They grumbled to each other, eagerly showing their 'toys'. Her lips curled into a smile. Just like little boys.

Their distraction afforded her the opportunity to study them. They were all well-muscled, dressed in harem-style pants and bare-chested. Hair color in various shades of browns and golds, and Mesu had the lightest color, almost a spun gold. Black eyes, no variations with their expressions switching between intense focus and good humor.

All were bearded, and she wondered what they would look like shaved. It was probably better that they covered up all of...that. Molly doubted her ovaries could survive that much sex appeal. She was barely surviving Anzar. Her gaze shifted to him, and she sighed. Yes, for a male, he was beautiful.

"Molly." MARC's annoying voice intruded on her musings.

"No to medical," she said with a dreamy smile. "Let me have this, MARC. I mean, how often do I get to choose, right?"

His sigh grated like nails on a chalkboard. "They're about to figure out how to remove the safety."

Her cheeks caught alight at MARC's words, surprised he hadn't taken the opportunity to tease her, make a sarcastic remark or piss her off. She rushed forward to demonstrate how the various weapons worked. They were too heavy or clunky for her which was why the little airgun suited her just fine.

"If you set it to blue, MARC will deploy a few target drones. They absorb the shots, returning the energy to the power banks." She tapped their guns, showing each male where the blue setting was.

"I have prepared hangar G, as it is empty and damaged. Follow the yellow lights." The lighting flickered, and the males obeyed, carrying at least two weapons each. She smothered a chuckle...like lambs to the slaughter and trained by an onboard computer to obey.

"What amuses you, temaar?" Anzar leaned his ass against the Illonion crate, crossing his long legs at the ankles with his gun resting across his chest.

She gestured to the disappearing males. "They follow trustingly. MARC could be leading them to their deaths."

"True, but such a thought would not occur to them. We do not have deceit on Elkarra. It is dishonorable." He placed his weapon down and gathered her close, locking his hands at her lower back. She sighed, and rested her fingers on his biceps, fighting the urge to squeeze them or to stroke the velvet feel of his skin. "What will you be doing?"

"All this needs to be sorted and packed." She frowned as she glanced at the countless steel crates. Holy crap, when had they hoarded all of this? Amy's help would've been appreciated since she knew the cargo holds well.

"I will help."

She shook her head, accepting the sorting as a task for her alone. "No, you need to learn how to shoot, Anzar. Accidentally harming one of your males would tear you up inside. Go, I'll be fine."

He hesitated. Leaving her alone and unprotected sunk something dark and heavy into his gut. "But, what if you need me, temaar?"

#

Molly blinked up at his anxious face and sighed. She did need him, just not in the capacity he was thinking. But he was her friend, so mating him was O.U.T. She was in the friend-zone her ancestors had called it. Though, if she was, would he touch her this often? Would he like her kisses with this much enthusiasm? Would she arouse him?

Chewing on her lip, she met his intense gaze, trying to peer into his thoughts, his soul...his heart. Could she mate Anzar? Would he mind? She almost snorted...mind? Really? Hey, Anzar! Mind taking one for the team and mate me despite not wanting to? Yea, sure. He would mind.

"Here, take my band." She unclipped it and slap-and-locked it over his. It lengthened to fit his thicker wrist. "Just speak my name, and it will connect us. I'll grab another from the box once I find it."

"Find it now," he commanded.

"Sheesh, so bossy. Fine," she grumbled, tugging out of his arms to approach the deep storage hoist. There sitting on its bed was the comm band box. She opened it and pulled out another band, slap-and-locking it on her left wrist. "Anzar," she spoke into the band and her voice echoed off his. The smile he blessed her with made enduring his high-handedness worth it. He strode toward her, looped an arm around her and gathered her close to him. Anzar pressed a kiss to her surprised and parted mouth.

"Thank you, temaar." There was a palpable reluctance when he pulled away, one she agreed with. Something about his arms around her, his mouth pressed to hers, felt addictive. He left her staring after him as he followed the yellow lights, his gun gripped in one hand as if it weighed nothing.

 He left her staring after him as he followed the yellow lights, his gun gripped in one hand as if it weighed nothing