Anzar: Guidance

"MARC, how do I make Molly choose me," Anzar asked the moment he entered his cabin

"MARC, how do I make Molly choose me," Anzar asked the moment he entered his cabin. He sat on the edge of his bed and ran the palms of his hands up and down his thighs. Mother, he was aroused, with desperation driving him, as well. She was beautiful with her laughing eyes tilting upward, her curling lips, and her bright smile. Yet nothing he said or did seemed to make a difference.

"I cannot see into the future, but I can work on probables," MARC said.

Anzar glared at the bulkhead, his mind hurting from all their strange talk. "And that is?"

"I can guess."

He released a long drawn out sigh, unable to extend his patience at that moment. "What is this porn star she mentioned?"

"It's another of Molly's ancestor phrases. It means a female paid to have sex for entertainment."

"What?" Paid with what? As in gifts? He scowled, not liking the implication as if the adebas were porn stars. A black rectangle lit up against the wall in front of him. An image of a red-haired female appeared. She wore something similar to Amy's black cloth, and she walked with a seductive sway to her hips. Her image froze which suited Anzar, since he had risen to study it. "I do not like this female. There is death in her eyes."

None of their adebas had similar sadness in their eyes. They laughed and teased the males. Those who mourned the recent loss of their mates did not serve as adebas. All gifts traveled with them to their sanctuary in the Seguno mountains.

"But she is skilled in mating. This is why Molly didn't want your males to see such videos."

"She fears she will disappoint her mate," Anzar said and sighed, again. "Why does she think so low of herself, MARC?" He tugged out the tie and ran a hand through his hair, his frustration made visible.

"Many years living under Amy's shadow. Also, the loss of her family might play a role. She's afraid to care, to love. I'm guessing, though."

Afraid to love, to step out in faith for fear of suffering through a loveless mating? That made sense. No wonder she had thrown herself across him, showering him with thank-you kisses. A slow smile crawled across his face. That was one of his most treasured memories, and when she chose him, many more will follow.

"Can you teach me how to French kiss?" Anzar asked.

"No, she expects you to be unskilled."

Anzar grunted, unhappy with MARC's response. "And the mating rituals of her species? The physical differences between our females and her?"

If he knew how to bring her pleasure, perhaps he could sway her to choose him. He frowned, unhappy with forcing her hand. He wanted her to choose him because she couldn't live without him. Was this love? He couldn't be sure.

"I have assessed Amy and Grax's biological interactions. Humans and Elkarrans are compatible. As to the differences, I cannot compare since I haven't encountered an Elkarran female. If you snap a comm band onto one of your females, I will run a full diagnostic."