Molly: Worth It

"I'm Molly," she said, keeping her voice soft despite the excitement lancing through her

"I'm Molly," she said, keeping her voice soft despite the excitement lancing through her. A woman and her two children. This was wonderful! "We killed the Vargosh, so it's safe to come out."

"I'm Megan. You killed them?" the woman asked. As she stepped into the light—spilling in from the passage—Molly saw her tear-stained cheeks. Fresh tears created new paths on her dirty face.

"Well, not me. Anzar and his males." She gestured to Anzar who hovered, looking a little shocked. Molly's gaze flew to Megan, and she bit her inner cheek, fighting the wave of burning agony cinching her chest. Did he want to mate Megan? The possibility was there, and she didn't know if there was a chemical reaction when mates met for the first time. It would explain why she hadn't met hers yet. She was being foolish. Amy and Grax had bonded, just like that. Stepping back, she gestured to Megan to come outside. Two little faces peaked around her legs and with a smile, Molly waved at them.

"You're on Elkarra, and there's no way off the planet, but it's a lovely world, safe for children with no Vargosh anywhere," she said.

"Did you save the others?" Megan asked, dipping to pick up the littlest child before gathering the older child's hand.

"The others?" Molly echoed.

"Yes, in the next cell." She shuffled into the passage with the children.

Molly hurried to open door number three and repeated her greeting.

"Emma? It's okay. It's a rescue," Megan said.

A head popped out of the cell, then women of all shapes and sizes crowded the passage.

"This is Molly and Anzar. She says they killed the Vargosh." Cheers erupted and Molly tucked herself against Anzar, feeling a little overwhelmed.

"When we heard your voice telling us this amazing story about crash-landing and finding these warriors, it was too unbelievable to be true. I'm Emma," a dirty blonde rippled her fingers in a wave. "I won't shake your hand. We haven't bathed for weeks."

"How's the water on Jasmine, MARC?" Molly asked, knowing he was eavesdropping.

"It is sufficient," he said, but used his male voice.

"My ship has smaller quarters, each with their own shower. But I must warn you, it will be your last heated shower since we cannot leave Elkarra."

"But we can live, right?" a shorter woman peered around Emma.

"Yes, but there is a catch," Molly said, thinking of Tazo, Mesu, and the other wonderful males she had met.

"A catch?" a tall brunette asked, her tone of voice harsh.

"Layla," Megan said, a pleading look in her eyes.

"Women are scarce, so you'll have to succumb to a strapping warrior like Anzar."