Four

//Alex's POV//

I stretch out in my bed and yawn, sitting up. What time is it? I look over to the clock next to my bed, twelve fourteen. Shit, I'm late for work.

I walk over to my closet and open it. Blue button up or white? I pull the sleeves of the white button up over my arms and slowly put each button through its coordinated hole all the way to the collar, flapping it up.

Standing in front of my mirror I wrap a dark blue tie around my neck and pull the length in the front, looping both ends into a knot, tightening it after. I pull the flap of the collar over the tie and straighten it out.

I look down to my boxers. Pants. I should probably get those. I walk back over to my closet and take out a pair of black slacks, tugging them on, followed by a pair of socks, and some dress shoes.

Dressed, I walk out into the hall and down to the bathroom, stepping inside. I clench my jaw at the fragrance still lurking in the air. It's been around two weeks since he was here, and I still can't seem to get the stench of his phermones out of this bathroom.

I stand in front of the sink and pull out my toothbrush, brushing my teeth. I rub at my tired eyes and splash a bit of cold water on my face. I take a blob of hair wax and smooth it out between my two hands, slicking my dark hair back with it.

I run a comb through my hair, making a fine wave to the left. I smile at myself in the mirror and frown at my unsightly dimples. I've never been fawn of them. I sigh and walk out of the bathroom, retrieving my phone in the kitchen.

I tap the screen and open my messages, nothing from him. I left him my business card, maybe he wasn't interested? Oh well. I slip my phone into my pocket and pick my jacket up of the back a stool standing by the breakfast counter.

Walking out into the parking garage I get my keys out of my coat pocket and beep for my car, finding it. I open the driver's side and step into the car, putting the keys into the ignition. I put the car in reverse and pull out of my spot, then shift the gear into drive, leaving the parking area.

I breeze through the city streets, maybe I should always be late, not missing the morning traffic jams. I laugh to myself and roll down my window letting the summer breeze hit my face. I take a slow stop at a red light choke on the air as a breeze blows through my window.

It's him. Not having much time left I glance around quickly looking for the small blonde. I scan the sidewalks, nothing. Finally, my eyes land on him on the opposite side of the street, sitting at a bus stop. He must be waiting for the bus, I look at the clock, twelve forty-eight.

I jump out of my seat hearing a car horn and hit the gas. Making a right turn swiftly, I loop around and pull up on the sidewalk, parking around twenty feet away from the bus stop. I hop out of my car and shut the door, running over to the bench where he sits.

Not noticing me, I stand in front of him. He looks up questioningly and I smile down at him. "Jasper is it?" I ask. He nods at me, eyes wide.

"How did you find me?" He asks looking around, spooked.

"Lucky encounter I guess." I sit down beside him and he covers the bag he clutches in his hand, shoving some papers into his hoodie pocket. Weird.

"You need a ride somewhere?"

"I'm waiting for the bus." He automatically responds and I chuckle.

"So I see, but would you like a ride home?"

He looked fraught for a second, breathing heavily.

"You alright Jasper?" I place a hand on his back and rub slightly. He seems to calm down a bit and I scoot closer to him.