Five

//Alex's POV//

I stretch out in my bed and yawn, sitting up. What time is it? I look over to the clock next to my bed, twelve fourteen. Shit, I'm late for work.

I walk over to my closet and open it. Blue button up or white? I pull the sleeves of the white button-up over my arms and slowly put each button through its coordinated hole all the way to the collar, flapping it up.

Standing in front of my mirror I wrap a dark blue tie around my neck and pull the length in the front, looping both ends into a knot, tightening it after. I pull the flap of the collar over the tie and straighten it out.

I look down to my boxers. Pants. I should probably get those. I walk back over to my closet and take out a pair of black slacks, tugging them on, followed by a pair of socks, and some dress shoes.

Dressed, I walk out into the hall and down to the bathroom, stepping inside. I clench my jaw at the fragrance still lurking in the air. It's been around two weeks since he was here, and I still can't seem to get the stench of his phermones out of this bathroom.

I stand in front of the sink and pull out my toothbrush, brushing my teeth. I rub at my tired eyes and splash a bit of cold water on my face. I take a blob of hair wax and smooth it out between my two hands, slicking my dark hair back with it.

I run a comb through my hair, making a fine wave to the left. I smile at myself in the mirror and frown at my unsightly dimples. I've never been fawn of them. I sigh and walk out of the bathroom, retrieving my phone in the kitchen.

I tap the screen and open my messages, nothing from him. I left him my business card, maybe he wasn't interested? Oh well. I slip my phone into my pocket and pick my jacket up of the back a stool standing by the breakfast counter.

Walking out into the parking garage I get my keys out of my coat pocket and beep for my car, finding it. I open the driver's side and step into the car, putting the keys into the ignition. I put the car in reverse and pull out of my spot, then shift the gear into drive, leaving the parking area.

I breeze through the city streets, maybe I should always be late, not missing the morning traffic jams. I laugh to myself and roll down my window letting the summer breeze hit my face. I take a slow stop at a red light choke on the air as a breeze blows through my window.

It's him. Not having much time left I glance around quickly looking for the small blonde. I scan the sidewalks, nothing. Finally, my eyes land on him on the opposite side of the street, sitting at a bus stop. He must be waiting for the bus, I look at the clock, twelve forty-eight.

I jump out of my seat hearing a car horn and hit the gas. Making a right turn swiftly, I loop around and pull up on the sidewalk, parking around twenty feet away from the bus stop. I hop out of my car and shut the door, running over to the bench where he sits.

Not noticing me, I stand in front of him. He looks up questioningly and I smile down at him. "Jasper is it?" I ask. He nods at me, eyes wide.

"How did you find me?" He asks looking around, spooked.

"Lucky encounter I guess." I sit down beside him and he covers the bag he clutches in his hand, shoving some papers into his hoodie pocket. Weird.

"You need a ride somewhere?"

"I'm waiting for the bus." He automatically responds and I chuckle.

"So I see, but would you like a ride home?"

He looked fraught for a second, breathing heavily.

"You alright Jasper?" I place a hand on his back and rub slightly. He seems to calm down a bit and I scoot closer to him.