Chapter 9

*****Clint's POV*****

"Where's Polaris?!" I call as we run toward Tony's quinjet. Bucky and Sam exchange a look. "Last time we saw her was when she was flying out a window as she attacked the Spider-boy," Sam explains. Suddenly a beams stops us in our tracks and we look up to see Vision. "Captain Rogers! I know you believe what you're doing is right. But for the collective good, you must surrender now," Vision calls as Tony's team arrives. I look at the Spider-boy as he stumbles slightly in his landing. I hear something and look around to see multiple portals opening in preparation. "What do we do, Cap?" Sam asks as Steve looks around at the portals. "We fight," Steve states as somethings falls from one of the portals. We begin moving toward the others and they move toward us. The falling thing grabs Vision and drags him through another portal. "What was that?!" The Spider-boy yells in alarm as one of Vision's beams shoots through a few vehicles and a plane. "Mrs Barton?!" Vision's voice asks through the communicators. Natasha looks at me in alarm. "They have the only person who stands a proper chance at shutting down Vision!" She calls. As we clash in battle, Natasha is my opponent and Wanda takes care of the Spider-boy. "So you brought Polaris into battle?" She asks, swinging her batons at me. I roll my eyes as I dodge her attack. "She's a skilled fighter. Plus Nick and Maria offered to look after the kids since they were at the house when Steve called," I explain. I quickly knock her to the ground and attempt to use my bow to hold her down, only for the batons to stop me. "Not the best idea. They'll go after her," Nat states, "We're still friends, right?" I sigh and look up as another of Vision's beams shoots toward Tony as the android flies around with Polaris clinging onto him as she controls him. "Depends on how hard you hit me," I smirk. I'm flipped over and Natasha stands up, aiming to kick me only to be encased in a blue light and flung a few feet away, causing her to crash into a metal baggage transporter. I look up in shock to see Polaris now struggling to restrain Vision. "You were pulling your punches," She explains, shrugging at me as she forces Vision to shoot another beam. I nod and walk away.

"We gotta go. That guy's probably in Siberia by now," I hear Bucky say from over the comms. I shoot arrows as I listen to their conversation. "We gotta draw out the fliers," Steve replies, "I'll take Vision, you get to the jet." I look around for Polaris and see her standing over Vision. "No, you get to the jet!" Sam calls as he flies above us, "Both of you!" As I go to shoot at Rhodes, I'm forced to jump away from my position as someone shoots at me. "The rest of us aren't getting out of here," Sam continues. I draw another arrow in preparation to shoot at someone. "As much as I hate to admit it," I add, "If we're gonna win this one, some of us might have to lose it." I look to Polaris as she yells in shock, Tony shooting her away from Vision. "This isn't the real fight, Steve," Sam adds. I run toward Polaris as Vision goes to attack her, only for her to stab the android with her sword. "All right, Sam What's the play?" Steve asks. I tackle Polaris out of the way as Vision stumbles back and tries to shoot her. "We need a diversion. Something big," Sam explains. I help Polaris stand up as Sam flies past with Rhodes. "I got something kinda big," Scott calls, "But I can't hold it very long. On my signal, run like hell. And if I tear myself in half don't come back for me." Polaris looks at me in confusion and I shrug in response. "He's gonna tear himself in half?" Bucky asks. I nod to Polaris and she opens a portal, stepping through it quickly. "You sure about this, Scott?" Steve asks as I also step through the portal to Steve and Bucky. "I do it all the time," Scott states, "I mean, once. In a lab. Then I passed out." Steve and Bucky exchange a look with us as Scott mutters to himself. Suddenly Scott becomes a giant and grabs Rhodes as he flies, laughing. We step out of our hiding place and look up at Scott in amazement. "I guess that's the signal," Steve states. I nod and laugh slightly. "Way to go, Tic Tac!" Sam cheers happily as Steve runs quickly with Bucky and Polaris. Suddenly Sam kicks Tony as he hovers in his suit, while Scott tosses Rhodes away, only for Spider-boy to save him before he crashes into a plane. Sam and Tony fight as they fly around as Scott removes a plane's wing, tossing it at Tony who narrowly dodges out of the way. "You wanna get to them, you gotta go through me," Scott challenges the Panther guy as he tries to go after Steve, Bucky and Polaris. I quickly arrive at Scott's feet and shoot at the Panther guy, who is unharmed by my different arrows. "We haven't met yet," I state, "I'm Clint." As the Panther guy stands up from his crouch, I straighten by bow into a bo staff. "I don't care," He responds. I quickly spin my staff around and we fight as Rhodes goes after Scott. My staff is soon snapped into two pieces by the Panther's claws.

I sit in my cell as the lights flicker and Sam stands up. I turn my head to see a set of glowing eyes in the darkness. I stand up as Polaris and Steve reveal themselves. Polaris jogs over quickly and smiles at me sadly. I back away and Polaris quickly destroys the bars of our cells before going to Wanda to free her from the collar she was forced to wear.