tres

"mommy, mommy", summer rushed into the room, "daddy? you're sleeping with mommy?"

my eyes would've went wide if i wasn't so tired. she wasn't used to us being in the same bed, or him being here all night.

i snuggled further into his bare chest, not wanting to disrupt the aesthetic of the last fourteen hours.

he chuckled, sitting up slightly. he was delicate though, obviously trying not to wake me up, "do you wanna make breakfast", he whispered to her.

"yes", she yelled as he held his index finger to his lips to try and silence her.

"let's go", he whispered, lifting me softly and placing me back down on the bed. she had rushed out of the room, leaving him to follow. with my eyes slightly open, i watched as he looked back down at me, "i love you."

-
"she's coming", summer whisper shouted followed by fast footsteps.

i tried to contain my giggle as i entered the kitchen.

"surprise", she and shawn yelled, still somehow making me jump.

i glanced over at the island which was decorated with powdered sugar waffles, fruit, eggs, bacon, sausage, the whole breakfast package.

"were you surprised", summer yelled her curly hair falling out of her messy bun which was merily identical mine.

"i was beyond surprised, thank you", i smiled at her before looking up at shawn who was already devouring his plate, "you too shawny boy", i chuckled as he looked up at me with a sheepish smirk.

he finished chewing before speaking, "anything for my leading lady."

after about an hour of chatter, giggles, and ridiculous jokes from summer, it was time to get ready for the day.

"do you guys wanna head to the studio with me", he popped out of nowhere.

"yeah", summer answered for the both of us.

"you heard the woman", i chuckled, "let's go get you showered and ready", i went to stand up.

"i'll do it", shawn stood up with a shrug, "i'm her parent too."

i held my hands up in surrender, "go for it daddy-o!"

he smirked before picking her up and heading back up the stairs.

you sat eating quietly, trying to process his actions. was he sorry? was that his last time? could you finally be on the headlines for something other than being the victim of a cheater?

bzzz, bzzz

i looked down at the phone which belonged to shawn. the second you pick up that phone, you've lost trust completely, i reminded myself.

who was i kidding? i had lost trust in him the fifth time he cheated on me.

i picked it up, reading:

kalee 🤐💦
just got your text,
im down to hook
up later 💖

don't cry. don't cry. don't do it. he's a damn cheat and a player! instead,

play the game