once

"mr and mrs mendes?"

shawn and i both looked up from our places, "yes?"

"if you two could fill out this form together for dr marten, that would be amazing", the receptionist smiled as shawn stood up and took it from her.

"i'm a huge fan of your music", she blushed at him.

"thanks so much", he replied as i tapped my foot impatiently.

"you're also extremely dashing", she blushed even more as shawn's eyes seemed to bulge out of his eyes.

the audacity. i guess she assumed that since we were attending marriage counseling, shawn was officially back on the market. the diamond ring on my finger spoke different words, but who knows, the airhead must've thought it was an overpriced purity ring.

"thank you, that's sweet of you", he took the clipboard and a pen from a cup next to her desk, sitting next to me again.

"thank you, that's sweet of you", i whisper mocked him.

"you jealous", he flashed me a smirk as he taunted me.

"nope, it's just bold of her to assume that marriage counseling means you're single again", i shrugged.

"so we're both on the same page here, we're doing everything we can to make this work", he tapped the pen against the clipboard in waiting.

i nodded, "why?"

he shrugged, clearly brushing something away from his thoughts, "just making sure."

-

we had introduced ourselves to dr marten and found him to be more than understanding about us wanting to keep things private. he seemed nice and explained what huge fans his daughters were of shawn, causing us both to laugh before he excused his "unprofessional" remark which we told him there was no reason to apologize for.

"so, if this is going to work, i want you two to know that honesty is the best way to approach this", he informed us.

"of course", i replied with a nod as shawn nodded a few seconds after.

"alrighty then, what are your main issues", he started a new conversation that caused my stomach to do somersaults. 

"i mean, mainly...faithfulness", i admitted sadly, biting my lip to keep myself in check.

he nodded, analyzing our facial features before proceeding, "do you feel like the love is still there?"

this was the first shawn seemed to eager to answer, "without a doubt, we're just trying to find ways to revive that without...our issues."

dr marten nodded again, "well if you don't mind me asking, who cheated first?"

shawn looked over at me expectantly, "are you joking", i let out a dry laugh.

he shook his head, "i only ever cheated on you after i found out that you did", he said accusingly.

"you did it out of spite? are you serious", i let out a huff as i tried to keep my emotions on lock.

"now you're joking, there's no way you aren't", he shook his head.

"excuse me", i sat up in my seat.

"since you played that card, i'm gonna play the why card. if i did it out of spite, what made you cheat on me? was i not enough? were you bored of me? were you unhappy with me? are you unhappy with me", he seemed to choke on his words, officially breaking me.

"gosh no, shawn", i sniffled as dr marten handed me the box of tissues, "you never had time for me. i figured that you were probably cheating on me, i had no idea. it was an inference i made based on how you acted with me."

"pardon me but", dr marten interrupted, causing our heads to dart back to him, "i'm in no way saying this is possible, please don't allow me to influence you but, do you think that maybe you two fell out of love before now? do you think that it's been like this for awhile and keeping it held in has irked you two to this current point in time?"

shit.

a/n

i dont wanna go  back to school, i hate that hell hole :(((

be sure to hit that star to make it change colors !!! and to vote ofc 😅