dieciséis

8 years ago

"okay if you could hook up with three people, dead or alive, who would it be", shawn asked star from his seat on the counter.

she adjusted her seat in the warm bath before answering, "dead or alive? shawn that's just gross."

"how is that gross?"

"why would i wanna hookup with a dead person?"

he looked up at the ceiling, trying to process what you had just said. "i mean...yeah, everything you need is right here anyway", he flexed dramatically before placing his arms behind his head.

she rolled her eyes, "that wasn't the point, idiot."

"no you."

"check on summer, dreamboat", she pointed toward the open door way that led to their shared bedroom.

he groaned, "but baaaabyy, i checked on her ten minutes ago and she's fine. you can literally see her from here", he poked his head out of the doorway.

she pouted, knowing that she was always going to be his weakness. which sucked when she had thought about what she had done just two years ago.

"fine, but only because i'm like in love with you or something", he stood up and walked toward summer's crib. he leaned over to make sure she was breathing before pulling away and looking down at her. he still could not believe that she was the product of he and the love of his life. he had truly won the love lottery.

he heard the house phone ring from downstairs, instantly walking down to go find it. "hello?"

"hi, is this mrs star mendes?"

"she's busy right now but i can take a message for her."

"lovely, can you inform her that the paternity test results for her daughter and ryan hunter came back negative?"

shawn's heart sank to his toes. his soul might as well as left his body. he must have misheard the woman. maybe they had the wrong star mendes, they had made a mistake...right?

"hello?" the woman asked from the other end of the line. 

"um yes, i-i'll let her know right away", shawn hung up with speed. he felt empty as he trudged back up the stairs, only to find that star was out of the bath and in their bed. 

she put her book down, "if it isn't shawn-othy mendes", she teased with a smile, "who was on the phone?"

he could barely muster a blink, let alone words. how could the love of his life do this? this was a nightmare that he just had to wake up from.

"hell-oooo", she sang, "you good?" she laughed lightly.

"um, it was a telemarketer."

"what were they trying to sell you? a couch from the bermuda triangle", she snorted. "and you bought it, didn't you?"

"of course i bought it."

-

-

-

so someone had asked me to write a prequel and this is just a sample. 

i decided i'd give you guys a preview thing and if you want a prequel vote, just let me know :))