ocho

"star", shawn repeated once again.

my sister had picked summer up, i didn't want her to see either of this way. i cared about shawn enough to not want his daughter to have a bad image of him, because while he may be a mediocre husband, he's never been a terrible father.

"sitting here in silence won't fix our problems", shawn stated, staring at me as i looked down at the ground blankly.

"fuck!", he yelled out as he held his head in his hands, "this is why we have fucking problems, you're sooo damn childish."

i knew what he was doing. it wasn't going to work.

"well, since you're not gonna fucking talk. i'll just get some shit off my chest, breathe if that's cool with you", he looked to me again.

don't breathe.

"cool", he let out a tired sigh, "first off, i've known for the longest time that you had a paternity test done. i don't even know how you pulled that off without my knowledge. but, she's mine and i guess that's all that matters", he shrugged, "a nurse or something called over, telling me to tell you that she had your results. i said "im sorry?" she goes "the paternity test results for star mendes." my heart fucking shattered. i just agreed to tell you and hung up. i felt dizzy that day, i wanted to cry but i couldn't. i suspected something was up and i don't know, i just felt like i wasn't enough for you."

fuck. i wasn't the virgin mary, but that didn't mean i could go around cheating. i hadn't done it since then, and when i got pregnant with summer, i was so nervous.

"welp, i just thought you should know", he stood up, walking out of the room.

i bit my lip, trying to hold back my tears, "i'm sorry", i whispered.

but by then, he was gone.
-
-
-
a/n MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE