quince

"when did this get so fucking cliche", shawn offered as my face remained stern while i wrapped up his hand and wiped his face with an alcohol soaked towel.

i remained silent as i felt the tears on my face officially drying. 

"shit, star", he cursed as i brought the alcohol to a more open wound, "oh my god, seriously", he pulled my arm away gently.

"what the fuck do you want me to do shawn?"

"i don't know, dial it back. that shit is painful", he leaned a little further on the countertop.

"i mean, i just broke up with my boyfriend but i get it, your ex-wife trying to clean you the hell up after taking your side hurts", i crossed my arms as i leaned back slightly from my position between his legs. 

he nodded, "yes, alcohol fucking hurts on open wounds", he completely neglected the last part as i slapped his arm playfully. 

"you know what, enjoy your infection", i took a few steps back as we both let out laughs.

"no, no, i can handle a bit of rubbing alcohol...i guess", he joked again as i retraced my steps and began cleaning him up again.

it stayed silent for a few minutes before shawn spoke again, "you know you have really bad taste in men."

"oh, i've noticed", i made it clear that i was talking about him as well as alec.

we both snickered as he continued, "especially me."

i looked back up at him, "you weren't that bad." that was a lie.

"the only thing i've ever known you to be bad at is lying", shawn admitted as i rolled my eyes. "i come a close second to alec in the bad lover category. and i've always been truly apologetic about it."

it was true. shawn had apologized to me about thirty times when i had told him i wanted a divorce. people are never sorry until what they have is gone, and he had his time of learning so.

i nodded, "and i forgave you." 

"and i hate that you did."

we both met eyes this time, "why?"

"because i put you through the shittiest things. i'm convinced that if you walked through hell and came face to face with the devil himself, you'll have seen worse things. and that's not the superpower, you being able to turn around, forgive me, and still be the best mother possible is the superpower", he admitted.

this was exactly why i had always forgiven and loved this man. i hated how great he was, even when he was the worst person on the planet. "i hope you remember what you just said because i'm sure that song would win the hearts of women all across the globe", i quipped with a light laugh.

"stop being an ass and give yourself some fucking credit", he insisted, "and i was gonna ask you if you remembered word for word what i said as well because that song would definitely get me my damn grammy", he teased as i took a few steps back again.

"you know what, i'm sure you can google how to fix this mess", i motioned toward the cuts and bruises he had.

he pulled me back this time though, "but i like it better when you do it. and it took me too long to realize that."

-

-

-

a/n | dont forget to make that star golden luvs <3