Sex and Lies

Beyoncé's POV
Detroit, Michigan
December 9, 2002
5:26am

The way Nicki ran off in the bathroom had me shook, not only because she was in full blown tears, but because I never seen a midget run that fast in my life. I sat up on the bed debating on whether or not I should get up to check on her. Would it really be my job?

I ignored my thoughts getting up grabbing the robe off the floor and slid it on. I picked Nickis robe up as well and headed to the doo-

"Ah fuck!" My POV was interrupted when I tripped over the robe string that hung. Nicki peeped out the door.

"Y-you okay?" She asked in a tiny voice.

"Yes, but can you help-

"Ok." She said and closed the door back locking it leaving me looking dumbfounded. I got up and knocked on the door with a limp to my newfound stroll.

"Nicki open the door, what's wrong?" I asked leaning on the frame. She didn't reply.

"Nicki-

"Go away." She mumbled. By the closeness of her voice I knew she had been leaning against the door as well.

"Whatever I did I'm sorry, just talk to me." I tried. She remained quiet. I sighed and sat by the door playing with my fingers. I heard her whisper.

"I think I like, like you." She said. A small smile appeared on my face without thought and as soon as I realized I cleared my throat.

"What makes you think that?" I asked with a giddy smile I couldn't help but to display. I knew I looked stupid.

"Because I know me.." she mumbled. I nodded. There was a ten second silence before she spoke up.

"You, you don't feel the same, do you?" She asked. Why wouldn't she just open the door so she can read these silly ass facial expressions.

"I know I like you, to the point I'm thinking fuck Jay, I wanna get me a Nicki." I said. I could hear her laugh causing me to smile once more.

"I like you to the point where I want to be a lesbian, but without the guys." She said. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Um, thats what a lesbian is." I said. She was silent.

"Oh." She finally spoke up. I nodded. I got down to the crack at the bottom of the door and talked.

"You wanna open the door for me?" I asked.

"No, kinda embarrassed." She said.

"Wanna kiss me through the crack?" I asked. She laughed and I saw her shadow moving meaning she was doing the same as me. I saw her lips.

"No." She said. I nodded once more and sighed.

"How long you gonna be in there?" I asked.

"I don't know, how long do you think?" She asked. I furrowed my brows once again.

"Nicki open the door." I said sitting up running low on patience.

"Ok." She said opening the door. I threw my hands in the air shaking my head.  Why she couldn't be this simple from the beginning. The door opened and I handed her her robe.

"Thank you Beyoncé." She said causing me to shudder. She slid the robe on and I looked at her.

"Don't you think you should be getting back to, you know, him?" She asked looking down rubbing her left arm as she tipped back and forth on her feet.