48- Eyes

"Whoa, it really is Yibo." Hoseok whispered softly during lunch, glancing at Jungkook and squad table. The younger guy had finally started coming to school again, and looked even better than Taehyung last saw him; It stung since Taehyung wanted him to feel the pain he'd felt.

Taehyung tried not to seem interested as he stuffed his mouth with bimbap and scrolled through his Instagram feed. Tho he did finally steal a glance at Jungkook's table and saw the new guy, Yibo (who Hoseok said was a known brand model) enthusiastically talking to Jungkook who replied with equal enthusiasm, laughing at every word. Taehyung frowned.

When Jungkook's eyes suddenly met his, he wasn't expecting it. So he shifted his eyes and it went to Jimin who was already staring at him. The smaller guy smiled and waved expectantly at him.

Taehyung, just to spite Jungkook, smiled back but without a wave before going back to his food.

He heard Hoseok sigh dramatically beside him and he looked to see the brown haired male with his forehead on the table, muttering things Taehyung didn't catch. As he was about to shift his attention back to his phone, he felt eyes on him and he looked up at Yoongi opposite him.

"What?"

Yoongi stared at him a while more before rolling his eyes then stood up, taking his tray away, throwing the trash violently in the waste bin.

Taehyung was confused for a while before it dawned on him. Maybe Yoongi saw he and Jimin smiling at each other. Tho the older male denied it, he liked Jimin. A lot.

And that was one of the reasons Taehyung was distancing himself from Jimin and playing dumb at Jimin's obvious advances. He couldn't betray his friend.

Incessant taps on his thigh tore him away from his thoughts as Hoseok's hushed words brought him back to reality. "Hey hey, Yibo's staring at you."

And when Taehyung looked, Yibo was indeed staring at him. And he could swear he saw a smirk grace his handsome features.

*

So... Is this a "stare at Taehyung" contest? Why was Yibo smirking at Taehyung? Why is Taehyung unhappy at Jungkook's happiness, I thought he didn't care? Why can't Yoongi aDMIT HE LIKES JIMIN!? 😩 Life would've been easier for me if he did, but he has a mind of his own in this book...