63- What Really Happened

^Zelan lowkey looking like Taehyung 😪❤️

-

Taehyung was at the Han river bridge, looking at the waters. It was so calm and black in the night. He felt some sort of comfort looking at it.

He recalled why he was upset again.

Who else if not Jungkook?

It wasn't because he was lied to that Jungkook wasn't going to be there (he means, even his dumb brain figured out that he would be there. He's Jimin's best friend after all). He still came to the party knowing that, because as stubborn as Taehyung was, he admitted to himself that he missed Weirdo and Jungkook.

A lot.

He wished they could go back to their middle school days, when they were so close.

But then he remembered, why he was like this to Jungkook.

5 Years Prior

Taehyung was elated for his arcade date with Jungkook, well he would call it that. He couldn't focus at all in his next classes as he scribbled down hearts beside Jungkook's name on his notes. Hoseok sometimes looked his direction and shook his head, nudging him to concentrate.

Taehyung didn't. By the way, in his young 15 year old mind, was school more important than Jungkook? Nah.

Before the last class of the day, he headed to the boy's restroom to do his business and he'd just entered the little stall when he heard other guys come in.

"Can't believe Jungkook really did it, woah he's so cool!" A voice that was vaguely familiar to Taehyung said and he heard other guys laugh. His ears perked up because of Jungkook's name.

"How much was it again? 1,500 dollars? You sure you can pay that now? He won the bet to make Taehyung fall for him."

Taehyung's eyes widened at that. W-What? A bet?

"My family's loaded, I'll even add more," the unknown guy laughed. "He was too confident that he'll date him then dump him in the worst way possible. I won't pay him until he dumps Taehyung tho, will make sure to record the thing for future keeps."

By now, Taehyung had his palms covering his mouth to try and stop the sobs from escaping as the guys used the toilets and left.

How could Jungkook!? He didn't seem like that type of guy. He couldn't. Bet? Dump him? How could he?

Taehyung, still crying had texted Hoseok when the last bell rang, telling him that he was going home and not to tell Jungkook anything about him.

Rather than get his heart broken even more and dumped on top that, he better cut off all things with Jungkook.

Good he found out this early what a brat he was.

-

Taehyung sighed, still looking over the dark river.

It's been almost five years since then, but the pain was still fresh. Sometimes he wondered whether he should have given Jungkook a chance to explain but he usually dismissed the thought.

Liars always create more lies.

It was a certainty that Taehyung would have gotten heartbroken.

Taehyung hiccuped as a lone tear slid down his face.

Then why the hell cant he stop thinking about that oversized bunny!? The way the corner of his eyes crinkle when he smiles, the front teeth that always escapes, the way he walks, the way he talks.

Taehyung can't stop thinking about it.

"Hyung?"

Great! Now he's hearing things now.

"Hyung, please step away from the rail."

Taehyung's eyes widened as he turned back and realized he wasn't hallucinating...or was he not?

He wiped at his eyes, cleaning off the tears. "Jungkook?"

-
And there's it. The story yallsters been waiting for
I'm sure 89.6% predicted this was what might have happened
3 more chapters to go! :)