64- Prove Yourself

^me too
-

"Hyung, please step away from the rail."

"Jungkook?" Taehyung whispered and Jungkook slowly came forward with his hands slightly outstretched, making Tehyung roll his eyes. "Never mind that, I'm too much of a coward to commit suicide, even when tipsy."

Jungkook blinked and viably relaxed, staying at a distance before trying to go towards Taehyung again.

"Don't come near me, I still don't like you," Taehyung sighed, leaning his arms on the rails and putting his chin atop it, staring into the Han river. "Why don't you go back to the guy you were kissing like an hour ago... how did you even find me?"

Jungkook stopped, a confused frown, slipping his hands into his front hoodie pocket. "But I wasn't kissing anyone tho?"

"Wow," Taehyung said sarcastically. "Your fuckboy game's going really strong. I respect."

"Hey, Taehyung," Jungkook said, fed up with being misunderstood as he took one long stride and grabbed Taehyung's arms.

"Let go of me! And it's Hyung to you, you disrespectful—"

Before Taehyung could finish his words, Jungkook drew him into a hug. No matter how hard he tried to free himself, Jungkook's grip was too strong and he eventually stopped trying.

"I missed you so fucking much." Jungkook said and Taehyung was swayed for a minute before all the pent up rage came rushing back in and he pushed Jungkook away.

"What other lie do you have to tell me? Huh?" Taehyung said angrily, the rough night breeze fitting his mood as it blew his hair in every direction. "All this for a thousand bucks? Or did they add more?"

Jungkook was baffled. "Wha—"

"Spare me that, Jungkook!" Taehyung raised his hands angrily. "You think I wouldn't find out? Playing with my feelings and disgracing me. All for a stupid bet?"

Jungkook's eyes widened with realization as he slightly gasped. "H-How did—"

Taehyung raised his hands to his mouth, trying to stop the sobs but he failed. "Oh my god, so...it was true?" He choked out. "All these years I'd been trying to convince myself that—" he looked away and took a shaky deep breath. "You know what, Jeon Jungkook? Never ever speak to me again. And I'm serious this time."

Taehyung turned to leave but Jungkook held his arms again. He tried to yank it away but that bunny was too strong.

"No, I'm not letting you walk away again," Jungkook said seriously. "Not without an explanation,"

"I need no explanation from you, your reaction confirmed it, it's going to be filled with more lies and-"

"Yes, it was a bet at first," Jungkook said, staring Taehyung into the eyes. "I will not deny that we were stupid 14 year old kids who thought we were cool as we picked out a random student in a class above us. I won't deny that."

Taehyung felt like punching something and Jungkook seemed like an appropriate option. "He won't deny that, how fucking egotistic, let go—"

Taehyung tried to free himself but Jungkook wouldn't let go.

"I know it was wrong but it changed, I swear," Jungkook said. "As I got to know you, it all changed, believe me."

Taehyung looked to see tears pricking at the corners of Jungkook's eyes.

"At a point I even forgot about the dare, because I really came to like you, Hyung." Jungkook said, his voice cracking. "When I asked you to go to the arcade with me, I was planning on confessing... I wasn't joking about that. Please believe me. I really liked...no..."

Taehyung's eyes widened slightly as he awaited Jungkook's next words.

"I loved you, hyung." Jungkook said, his voice firm. "And I know I was an idiot, a jerk, for getting into that dare in the first place but this..." He placed Taehyung's palms over his heart. "This changed, and started beating for only you. Believe me."

Tears were going down Tarhyung's cheeks in waves now.

"Just give me a chance to prove myself," Jungkook said, his cheeks wet with his eye waters. "Please."

Taehyung was silent for a while before he weakly pulled his hands away and Jungkook let him. "You...still kissed somebody tonight. I mean I know I don't have a say in what you do right now but—"

"I didn't fucking kiss anyone!" Jungkook said. "Maybe that was Yibo you saw being his annoying self but I swear."

The two boys stood there, watching each other. One anxious, one impassive with the winds blowing on their hair and the gentle music of the river being a soft music.

"You said you wanted to prove yourself?" Taehyung asked softly and Jungkook sniffed, nodding.

"Then do it. Prove yourself."

-
y'all :'( it's about to end i shed a legit tear