Chapter 3

"Total Recall?"

Felix' brows jump in surprise as I proudly present him my phone screen with the movie I selected displayed on it.

"Total Recall," I state, confirming his surprised words. "My favorite movie."

Felix blinks a few time as he looks at me with a stupefied expression. "And how many favorite movies do you have?"

"A lot," I admit with a sheepish grin.

"Chaelin," Felix sighs, pressing his fingers against his forehead. "Every single movie that you like becomes your favorite movie. That's not how it works, you know?"

Mimicking my friend's sigh, I adjust my glasses in an attempt to look like a smartass. "I didn't know there were any rules regarding a person's favorite movie?" I remark, lightly arching a brow.

The boy just gives me a troubled look before he turns on his heels and makes his way to the kitchen, muttering something about popcorn and the microwave.

I frown as Felix disappears around the corner. He just left me here in my state of confusion; are we going to watch Total Recall or not? But then I realize that I have power right now. After making sure that Felix is busy in the kitchen, I bolt out of the living room and dash up the stairs before I basically burst into Felix' room.

It doesn't take long for me to find what I'm looking for. His laptop is neatly placed on his desk, its surface covered in various POKéMON stickers, going from Lucario to Pikachu to Mewtwo.

I plop down on his chair and open the device -carefully, I know how much he cherishes this thing. The login screen pops up but that doesn't stop me from breaking in. I know his password and I enter it with a smirk.

N0t_¥0ngb0k1509

I press the enter key with a smug grin and then I'm in. My eyes linger over the screen, searching for the Netflix icon on his desktop. It's a hard task, seeing how the icons hardly stand out against the colorful and chaotic background.

But then I spot the small icon somewhere in the lower right corner of the screen and I quickly open it. I switch to my account -of course, he let me on his Netflix- and enter the movie name in the search bar.

Right on time as Felix walks into the room as well, his hands and pockets stuffed with food and drinks.

"What are you doing?" he asks, trying to catch the small bags of chips that all seem to fall down at the same time. He just decides to drop them all and his examining brown eyes meet mine.

I sit back in the chair and give my friend an innocent smile. "Total Recall," I state and Felix sighs.

"You're such a kid sometimes, Chaelin."

But he still gives in, stepping over the collection of chips on the ground and grabbing his laptop.

"Well then, Total Recall it is," Felix mutters and I flash him a triumphant grin as he grabs all the pillows and blankets he can find and throws them onto his bed.

As he placed his laptop on his bed, he goes back to collect the snacks he dropped earlier and I leave the chair to bury myself in his collection of pillows.

"Behave yourself Chae," Felix warns as he throws the little bags at me. "I'm going to get some drinks."

I innocently wave at him and he rolls his eyes before leaving the room. But I saw it. I saw that little smile.

--

About half an hour later, we're huddled up together between the blanket, intently staring at the screen in front of us. Because of reasons like this, the skinship and the personal space that seems nonexistent between us, people often think that we're dating. Until they find out that we share the same family name. Then they think we're siblings, twins maybe, even though we don't resemble each other at all.

Felix face is slightly round, his full lips always curved upwards in a smile. His round, brown eyes always have that friendly hue in it, along with some misschief. And then there's his soft orange hair, with its full and natural flow. And the feature every girl swoons over, the freckles spread out over his cheeks and nose.

I am nothing like that; my face is small and the corners of my mouth seem to naturally face downwards, making me look like I'm pissed off even though I'm not. My round eyes are the same shade of brown as Felix' but I highly doubt they have the same friendliness in them. My soft brown hair is sleek and instead of freckles, slim black glasses decorate my face.

Slim black glasses that reflect Felix' laptop screen.

"Yah, this is funny," Felix snorts as he holds his face close to mine, momentarily forgetting that he's literally staring at my eyes and making it a tiny bit awkward for me. "I can see the entire movie in your glasses!"

"You do this every time, pabo," I hiss as I push him off. Immediately after, a pillow strikes my face causing my glasses to fly off and boyish laughter echoes throuhg the room.

I let out a low growl as I pat the mattress in order to find my glasses in the dark. "I swear I'm going to kill you, Felix!" I threaten the orange-haired boy. "I'm going to tickle you to death!"

I lunge at him and Felix ducks under the protective blankets. "N-No tickles," he wheezes. He kicks his legs from under the blankets, trying to push me off. But then a loud bang fills the room, causing us both to stir.

"Your laptop!" I screech, the pillow I was holding freezing mid-air.

Felix curses under his breath as he swiftly gets rid of the blankets that cover him and reaches for the device on the ground. "It's alive," he sigh, his face washing over with relief.

The man on the screen just continues to run through the chaotic streets like nothing happened.

"What did we miss?" I ask as Felix places the laptop on his lap, wiping off some dust.

"Dunno," he shrugs. "Last time I checked he was running from his superspy wife."

"Why are we still watching movies?" I ask, glaring at Felix. "We always miss the half of it because of your stupidity."

Felix snorts. "You're the stupidest of us all," he retorts. But then he frowns. "Is that even a word?"

Movie nights always go like this. Rewatching entire scenes because we missed everything is a common event here. I seriously wonder why we're still trying it. But at the same time, I don't mind. I love these movie nights and I love spending time with Felix and acting like two idiots.

On nights like this, I can forget about my stressed-out mom. About the disgust a feel towards boys. I can just enjoy myself and the time with my best friend and actually laugh for a bit.

Night like this can last forever if you'd ask me.