Chapter 53

"Kkami!" I happily exclaim as we enter Hyunjin's room.

The little dog lifts his head at the sound and as soon as his intelligent brown eyes focus on me, he jumps off Hyunjin's bed and dashes towards me as fast as his little paws could take him. I immediately crouch down and Kkami excitedly jumps up and down, only satisfied as I pick him up and cuddle its little body against me.

"I told you someone would be happy to see you," Hyunjin smiles softly as I turn around and sit down on the bed next to him, the dog securely in my arms. I gradually inch closer to the boy, not stopping until our arms are touching and I rest my head on his shoulder.

I feel his muscles tense but it's just for a second before his body relaxes again. Soon, I feel a strong arm wrap around me and I close my eyes, relishing this moment that could last forever if you'd ask me.

"So we can finally do this, huh?" Hyunjin softly chuckles. "Without having to fear for my life."

"Very funny," I reply, gently stroking the sleeping dog on my lap. "I was never planning to kill you."

"But you sure were scary sometimes," the boy chuckles, catching my hand in the middle of a stroke and intertwining his fingers with mine.

"I know," I sigh. "I honestly never realized how bad it was until I met you. Things got really out of hand more than once and I'm still amazed you didn't leave me after the first time."

"So am I, honestly," Hyunjin truthfully replies, still holding onto my hand. "At first I tried to get along with you for Felix' sake but later, it was on my own will. I never thought of you as a bad person and I was sure there was something good under that protective layer of yours. I wanted to find it."

"Don't do this," I mutter, my cheeks flaring red with embarrassment. "I'm not good at conversations like this and I have no idea what to say right now."

Hyunjin's bright laughter is like music to my ears and Kkami's furry ears twitch at the sudden sound. I quickly stroke him with my free hand before the little dog feels neglected.

"You know, I never really liked girls," the raven-haired suddenly confesses, mindlessly staring at the wall in front of him. "Not after I found they only wanted to be near me for my looks. No one seemed interested in how I really am. They just followed me everywhere, calling me oppa even though they didn't know my age and coming up with stupid excuses to talk to me."

"Oh," I reply, running my finger over his hand that remains in mine.

"And then I met you, a girl who wanted nothing to do with me," Hyunjin continues. "You were a total bitch, but I can't say it didn't turn me on." He sends me a sly smirk -one that's completely different from his usual innocent smile- and heat rushes to my face instantly.

"Y-Yah, stop that!" I stutter, looking at him with wide eyes. "I might lose all my trust in you again if you do this, pabo."

My boyfriend bursts out in laughter and pulls me close, startling Kkami who jumps off my lap after the sudden movements.

"You're so cute," he giggles, resting his chin on top of my head as he hugs me. "Getting all flustered like that."

"And you're a creep," I gruffly say, my voice muffled by the fabric of his uniform blazer. He presses a soft kiss against my temple and I pout. "I liked you better when you were shy." But I can't help but feel giddy as the boy showers my face in tiny kisses.

"You're a terrible liar. You're definitely enjoying this," Hyunjin confidently states and I heave out a sigh in surrender.

"Maybe I do."

Before Hyunjin can make a smart remark, his mother voice echoes from downstairs, calling us for dinner. With a triumphant smirk, I escape from his firm grip and ruffle his hair as I brush past him. Of course I'm not going downstairs before he does -that would be way too scary- so I wait for him and descend the stairs closely after him. Before we enter the kitchen, he squeezes my hand lightly, giving me the confidence I'm lacking at the moment.

His mother is waiting for us with a friendly smile, three plates on the kitchen table waiting to be eaten. It smells delicious and honestly, the food looks delicious as well. More delicious than my mom ever will be able to.

I sit down opposite of the woman, Hyunjin taking a seat next to me. The air isn't even awkward or tense and I'm grateful for that. Hyunjin's mom seems to be as nice as he is and the worry slowly seeps away as I take my first bite.

And just like I thought, the food is delicious.

--

After dinner, it's time to say goodbye to Hyunjin and his mom. I actually enjoyed being here and talking to them was nice. His mother didn't judge me for all the trouble I went through -and put her son through. Not even once did she make a salty remark or a hidden comment of disliking. It was just casual conversations of getting to know each other. I felt at home, a feeling I haven't had in a long time.

Now I'm standing in the entrance hallway, coat and shoes already on and ready to leave. It feels weird; what do I do when I say goodbye? Kiss him? Hug him? And what exactly am I supposed to say?

Hyunjin beats me to it and then my hands are in his. He looks at me solemnly before saying, "I'm glad you were here today, spending time with you finally feels good and I hope we can do this more often. But can you stick around for a few minutes longer? I want you to hear me out."

I tilt my head to the side, giving the boy a questioning look.

His expression remains serious as he says, "because I have a plan."

--

I was stuck for a looong time. Idk but I honestly feel like this sucks lol. Rushed, shitty idk. I basically used a time skip during dinner time because I couldn't get it right and I didn't want to let you guys wait any longer because it has been nearly 3 weeks >.<

I tried to make it up to you with some (finally) cute moments between the two lol

Oops, I also started a minsung story. It's called being lonely and already has a few chapters published for anyone interested. Guess I really want to fill the void after that boy huh?

Plus, I live for minsung. I breathe minsung.