04

04

Happiness is the natural flower of duty. -Phillips Brooks

I'll manage...I'll manage my ass! I cursed at myself while I rubbed the temples of my head. My head was on the verge of exploding and it's not a pleasant feeling. I turned my head slightly without removing my hands from my head to peek over at Mia. She was feeling just as shitty as I was, she was grunting and cursing under her breath as she delicately melted the chocolate in her bowl. Sensing that someone was watching her, she turned to look at me and scowled.

"This is all your fault." She growled. "It's your stupid idea to be drinking on a Monday night!" I chuckled as I leaned against the stainless steel counter.

"You got to admit that it was fun."

"Yeah sure it was." She agreed. "But we're clearly regretting drinking that much today. You just couldn't let it go that I beat you." I gasped, slightly offended as that wasn't the truth...entirely.

"That's why I asked for a rematch!" I exclaimed.

"Rosy, its old college rules. Best out of five, not best out of ten!" I giggled.

"Regardless, it was tie five-five and you were such a party pooper saying you were done!"

"You were too Rose, do you know what a terrible drunk you are?!"

"So are you!" I argued. We stared at each other and laughed but we abruptly stopped when a pang of pain surged through my head. Ow.

"You two seem like you need some aspirin." Michelle came into the kitchen without either of us realizing. We turned to look at her and her finger was hooking onto a drug store bag and she started twirling it around in a circle.

"You are the best sis." Mia left her work station and marched her way towards her younger sister. Michelle laughed and headed the bag to her where Mia took out the bottle of aspirin.

"So what motivated the two of you to drink so much?" Michelle folded her arms across her chest and leaned against the door frame of the kitchen.

"Your sister forced me to eat raw fish." I joked.

"Excuse me," She said after gulping down the two pills and placing her glass down on the counter. "You looked like you were enjoying the dinner last night."

"I suppose so." I laughed. "But it really has been awhile since we've been out like that right Mia?" I asked and she nodded.

"I'm glad you're finally doing something for yourself!" Mia tossed me the bottle of aspirin and I thanked her.

"I couldn't agree with you more sis," Michelle added. "You should drag her shopping or something, it's therapeutic."

"Geez, I'm not sick or anything!" I exclaimed, taking two pills out and washing it down with some water.

"Yes you are." Mia leaned over on the other side of counter I was leaning against. "You've been diagnosed with having a big generous heart. Your symptoms include helping anyone without concerning yourself, stepping out and over the boundaries, and you're too selfless."

"Better than being selfish right?" I smiled.

"You need to be a little bit more selfish!" Mia exclaimed.

"I agree," Michelle said. "You gave way too much and it's not so bad receiving once in awhile."

"But there's nothing I want okay?" I sighed. This isn't the first time we've been having a conversation like this. "My life's great, I have a loving family and friends so there's no need for me to be greedy and want something more."