10

10

Beauty without virtue is like a rose without scent." - Proverb Quote

Why haven't I browsed through the Internet to check what's going on around my family? To find out everything that is being said about us anyways? I mean yes with Aiden's help we've received more attention that we ever did but Lily's words lingered with me and now I'm paranoid. There were many articles of both Luckwaldt and Kingsley's aid to us. Rex's relationship with...well me and Aiden's relationship with me as well. My family's pictures were on the screen and the foul articles written about us. 'Starr sisters being married off to save family from bankruptcy.' 'Starr family has no shame.' 'Most wanted bachelors taken by Starr sisters.'

It was hard to read. I'm such a terrible daughter for not being aware of all of this that's been circulating around about my family. I know I'm not really in the business world where connections are everything unlike my sister and my parents, but to be kept away from this? It hurts of course. It makes Lily's words more convincing to me, it is really just a game to Aiden?

I could feel my cold battling its way back because of my lack of sleep last night. There were just so many questions left unanswered in my mind that kept me up. I ran my fingers through my hair a couple of times and slapped my cheeks to wake myself up, there was no point of dwelling and asking all of these questions. I spent most of my afternoon plucking the petals of the flowers on my desk. It isn't a game, it is a game, it isn't a game...It ended with it's a game.

The day went by uneventfully and it was just a typical day at work. It was difficult for me to focus but I pulled through. Regulars were coming and going, and I engaged myself in short conversations with each of them. It has been awhile since I've personally closed the bakery, it was quite satisfying to flip the Open sign to Closed. As I drew the blinds for the front window, I gazed out. Cars were packed on the street as they were all trying to get home after a long day at work, and it is also a Friday night. My eyes wandered away from the traffic and they stopped when I saw a familiar man. Aiden was leaning against his Range Rover with his grey suit unbuttoned. He wasn't far from the bakery but thankfully he was occupied by a phone call that he didn't notice me staring at him.

"Huh, would you look at that?" Mia popped up beside me and I tear my eyes away from Aiden to look at Mia who was with a chair in her hand and she stacked it on top of the table. "He's here for you isn't he?" She asked.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I shut the blinds and moved away from the window to stack the chairs on top of the table on the other side of the bakery. I haven't thought about Aiden for the entire day and it wasn't going to start now... But I'm not sure how long that's going to last.

"So what's the deal between the two of you?" She asked.

"I told you Mia, we're just acquaintances."

"Acquaintances my ass Rose." She snorted, "If you two were just acquaintances, I don't think you'll be acting the way you're acting now. And I don't think you'll be spending the entire afternoon yesterday to make him a cake."

"I'm not acting weird and I didn't spend the entire afternoon, it was only four hours." I corrected and she rolled her eyes.

"Yes four hours of the actual baking, but do you know how long you've been coped up in your office trying to think of the 'perfect' thing to bake for him?" She air quoted me and I pouted. I always hated how she's right. "So you better tell me right now what your deal is with him."

"Oh Mia," I slouched down onto one of the remaining chairs that needed to be stacked. "It's complicated."

"Nothing is too complicated." Mia walked over to me and pulled out a chair beside me.