20

20.

Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses. - Alphonse Karr

There was one thing I knew I had to do, I had to talk to Jason. I wasn't angry at him or anything and I know I should be...but I'm not. Yes I am a little bit disappointed in him for not telling me the truth from the very beginning. But everyone has their secrets that they don't want to share...however I just thought that we agreed to be completely honest with each other even though we're not engaged anymore. The talk with Jason can wait though since he is out of the country and I think I've had enough information in my brain to fit anymore.

I sighed quietly to myself as I sat inside Aiden's office. Aiden had called me earlier in the morning to ask me to come over. But Aiden is currently in a meeting...actually since he didn't go to Germany as planned, his business was delayed. So instead of going to Germany himself, he catered all fifteen businessmen in his private jet that he was supposes to meet back here. I stared out into the city from Aiden's office as I waited. On the bright side, Luke was here to keep me company on his boss's order.

"He should be done soon." Luke was sitting across from me with a grin on his face.

I've always like Luke because he has such an awesome personality. He can be serious when he needs to be but he knew how to be outgoing and fun despite being with a boss like Aiden every day.

"Okay," I replied. Luke continued to grin and his arm was resting on the back of the sofa. I arched an eyebrow and thinned my lips. That grin of his is starting to bother me a little bit. "Why are you grinning at me like that?"

"Oh nothing," The grin widened. "I'm just happy that the employees here don't have to feel much of Aiden's wrath anymore."

"Is he that bad to the employees?" I asked.

"He's bad but he's gotten a lot better since you've been in his life." He chuckled. "I still can't believe what you did to that man."

"I don't think I did anything to him."

"You give yourself too little credit you know." He replied. "That man never smiles and I've been his friend for a very long time Rose. He has always been so isolated and strict with himself that makes it hard for others to approach him. I swear that man didn't have any emotions...besides anger...I see that way too often with him." He shivered in fear and I laughed softly.

"How long have you known Aiden?" I asked.

"Since college." He replied. "We were studying different majors as I was in law and he was in business. I have no idea how we even met but we did and we've been friends since then."

"I still can't believe you're a lawyer, I mean what is your job title?" He laughed.

"Superman."

"I would believe that." I laughed. "You're his lawyer, his assistant, his chauffeur, and what else are you that I don't know?"

"Well he's my side kick when I save the world and stuff..." He continued his joke and I rolled my eyes. "I'm just kidding, but that's all I really do."

"That's all? I'm sure that's enough for one man to do." I replied. "You're a lawyer but how did you end up an assistant as well?"

"Well Aiden pays me well that's a given but Aiden graduated earlier than I did and by the time I graduated I was a poor graduate with student loans in desperate need of a job. I was lucky enough to have found a small law firm and I learned enough of the basics. But I wanted something bigger, something more and since the firm I worked at was small, it didn't have much potential.  I worked there for nearly a year and that was when Aiden asked if I wanted to join him since his company was starting to take off. At first I was hired to be his company lawyer and he didn't have an assistant to manage most of his things. He handled everything by himself back then and I thought he was going to die from lack of sleep or stress. Since there was only so much I could do as a lawyer, I decided to help him out a little bit and well I've been stuck with the job ever since."