06

06

One rose says more than the dozen. -Wendy Craig

"This better be good," My sister grunted as we were being guided to the private room Aiden has previously reserved. "I don't know what else that arrogant bastard has to say."

"Lily," My Dad glared. "We're the ones with no cards in hand to play, we're willing to take whatever we can to continue playing."

"I don't care." Lily furrowed her eyes. "If he makes you two go on your knees again, I'll castrate him."

"Sweetie," My Mom started, "He didn't make us kneel down, and we chose to do it."

"He didn't stop you! What kind of man-"

"Lily." My Dad gave her a stern look and it was enough for her to seal her lips.

I was restless for the entire day because of this dinner. I really have no clue what is going on in that man's head. I barely gotten any of my clothes packed to move in with Lily tonight either. My mind kept wandering back to Aiden and I just couldn't get him out of my head. He's such a mysterious man and I can't seem to understand what he wants. Even as the hostess knocked on the door and opened it to allow us in, I really didn't want to be here.

"Mr. Kingsley," The hostess called into the room. I peeked around the heads of my family and saw Aiden standing by the glass window, gazing out into the starry scenery. "Your guests have arrived."

"Thank you," He walked towards us as the hostess quietly left us. "Mr. Starr, thank you for coming on such short notice." Aiden extended his hand towards my Dad and they shook.

"No, thank you for meeting us again. I do hope to hear some good news." My Dad replied and Aiden smiled at him as they returned their hands back to their sides.

"Well why don't we all have a seat and enjoy some dinner?" Aiden gestured to the dining table and we quietly obeyed.

The door knocked as if it was staged just as we sat down. Waiters came in to pour us wine and a plate of food was served in front of us.

"I hope you don't mind that I've ordered for all of you," Aiden started, "I just ordered the same food you ordered the last time we've met here with the exception of Miss Rose here." Aiden's eyes peered into mine. "I hope the food is okay with you."

"No it's perfect, thank you." I replied with a smile before I stared at my halibut entree in front of me. I wasn't a picky eater (besides raw oysters!) so whatever is offered to me, I'll gladly enjoy it.

"So what is it that you want to discuss?" Lily glared at Aiden.

"Lily," My Dad returned a glare to her. "Why don't we just enjoy our meal before we talk about business?"

I studied Aiden, wondering what was going on in his mind. He was smiling at both Lily and my Dad and he seemed more amused of how my Dad shushed Lily down. He picked up his glass of wine and gently rocked it in his hand.

"Miss Starr," Aiden started and Lily turned her attention back to him. "Please try the wine and tell me what you think. Maybe it'll help make your meal more enjoyable with me."

"It's quite delicious," My Mom replied instead while sister refused to lift a finger. "I've had many wines before, but none of them tastes as refine as this. What year is this wine?"

"Romanee-Conti 1960." Aiden replied.

I stared at my glass of wine red sitting in front of me. Sure of course I've drank different types of wine before. From twenty dollar bottles to a couple of hundreds, but for the life of me I have no idea how to taste the difference. Okay I lied, if there was a glass of cheap and expensive wine for me to taste at the exact same time. Sure I can tell the difference between them but I wouldn't be able to tell which brand and year it was made from. I mean...aren't all wines the same?! I think I'll be the worse wine taster.