19

19.

"How did it happen that their lips came together? How does it happen that birds sing, that snow melts, that the rose unfolds, that the dawn whitens behind the stark shapes of trees on the quivering summit of the hill? A kiss, and all was said." - Victor Hugo

"Aren't you in Germany?" I exclaimed.

My heart is having bipolar effects right now. Half of it is hurting in pain and ached to even see his face but the other half is excited. I wanted to cry but at the same time I wanted to smile. What the hell did my body want?

"I was on my way to Germany." He replied.

"Then what are you doing here?" I asked, still in awe as to why he's here...like really here.

"Nancy called me when I was about to board my jet Rose but I didn't. I had some things to take care of before I could come and now that everything's all taken care of, I'm here."

"You didn't have to, I hate to know that I've kept you from work. I was planning to see you when you get back."

"Rose, you are my priority right now okay? My business can wait." My heart skipped a beat and I felt more excitement than pain in my chest. "I assume that you're ready to talk to me right?" He asked and I nodded. "Do you want to go somewhere?" He eyed my clothes and concealed his grin. "Or do you want to talk here?" I felt my cheeks heating up, he's seen me in my pajamas and I was standing in front of him at the door! I didn't say anything to him, instead I shifted to the side to allow him to enter.

He smiled then he walked into my apartment. I closed the door gently behind him and we walked to the living room and sat side by side on the sofa. He was so close, I could practically feel the heat he was radiating. If I moved over just a couple of inches, my knees would brush his and the thought of that alone was making me blush. I mentally slapped myself, how can my heart beat like this when he hurt and disappointed me? He stabbed a knife into my heart, yet I am still affected by him. The pain in my chest is there but the overwhelming feeling of having him so close overrides it. How can this be happening? I had to escape, I mumbled a couple of words to him to tell him that I was going to get him something to drink but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back down.

"It's fine Rose, I don't need anything." He started, his eyes was overpowering me. I've never been overwhelmed by Aiden like the way he's looking at me right now. It made it difficult for me to look away from him. Is this a CEO thing or something?

"Okay." I sat quietly in my seat and Aiden returned his hands to back to himself. I kept my lips sealed and Aiden kept his eyes on me.

This was going nowhere and I knew I had to say something to break the silence. I had so many questions and I wanted to know so much but I didn't know where to start from. I thought long and hard about what I should ask him and the more I thought about it, I felt tears filling my eyes. Within the past six months I felt like I wasn't even human. I wanted to cry to make my heart feel better but I couldn't. It was like I've lost the ability to cry. But  now that I'm calm and Aiden is sitting right in front of me, I felt like a human again with emotions in me. After scanning through all of the questions I need to ask him, I finally found an appropriate question.

"Was it always a game to you?" I started, "Why did you do it?" His body tensed slightly and then he relaxed.

"I admit that it was a game to me initially but it was for revenge, I wanted to ruin Jason Luckwaldt." He replied bitterly.

"Why? What did he do?"

"Did Jason tell you anything?" I shook my head.

"I wanted to know but I didn't have the courage to ask him because everything would remind me of you. I tried my best these past six months to remove you from my life Mr. Kingsley. I didn't want any thoughts of you in my head because I tend to forget the terrible things that have happened." I replied. Aiden sighed but it seemed like something else bothered him more than how I addressed him.