07

07

In me the tiger sniffs the rose. - Siegfried Sassoon

"You know it never shocked me that you have such a personality." Rex sat across from me at a nearby cafe. "But do you always appear so aggressive?"

"And what about you? Do you always appear so arrogant?" He laughed.

"No I'm not always like this. But it seems like you don't want me anywhere near you."

"And there is a very good reason for that."

"If you hate me so much, why did you agree to this arrangement?" He leaned forward. "To save your family from bankruptcy?"

"Why are you asking obvious questions for?" He chuckled.

"If your family is so desperate for money, why didn't they sell your sister to Kingsley just like how they sold you to me?" My eyes widened as I stared at the man sitting in front of me, his words are irritable.

"How did you-"

"Here's a little advice for you Lily, you've got to understand the business world if you want to step into it. You always have to be the first to know everything if you want to survive. Knowledge like this is easy to gain and with the knowledge you gain, you'll know what your enemy is going to do." He leaned back against his seat and picked up his cup of coffee. "It's interesting what your parents are thinking, why would they decline Kingsley's proposal but not mine?"

"What are your plans anyways? Why do you want to marry me?" I asked.

"My plans are simple, I simply want to make you the wife of Rex Luckwaldt."

"Then I don't see why we still need to be together right now." I stood from my seat. "We are engaged through contract, so it's best we don't waste each other's time trying to get to know each other."

"That's where you're wrong Lily." He replied, "I'll like to get to know my wife."

"Then please get to know me after hours, unlike you I am a very busy person and there are things I need to get done."

"You're right, I may not be working at the company with my older brother. But that doesn't mean my time isn't worth anything. So I suggest you to enjoy the time with me or else we'll have some trouble with the contract."

I stared at the arrogant man. I did say that I barely get angry at anyone, I wasn't even angry at Aiden for the words and actions he did last night, but here I am getting irritated at this man in front of me. Maybe it's because I'm trying to be Lily right now, and if I was Lily she would already be choking the guy. And he's here threatening me right now? Just as I was about to speak, my phone rang. I dug out my phone from my purse and it felt like Lily knew what was happening and was calling me at the right time.

"I'm going to take this call." I informed Rex before making me way out of the cafe and onto the busy street.

"Did you get him off your tail yet?" Lily spoke before I had a chance to mutter my hello.

"No I didn't." I sighed, "Was Rex Luckwaldt always known to be an arrogant guy?"

"To be honest, I tried to research about the Luckwaldt and there's not much about them on the media. The older son is Jason Luckwaldt and the younger son is Rex Luckwaldt. The sons of the family barely shows their faces to the media. They have a very good relationship with the media so they can easily manipulate information if they want to."

"So I guess we'll need to hire a PI if we want to figure anything out right?"

"Yes but I don't think we're financially stable enough to cough out unnecessary expenses." I heard Lily grunting on the other side of the line. "And just hurry and shake him off, I need to finish that project Rose."