•06•

Asher's POV

I sat on the stairs outside of the school, waiting for my brother to pick me up. He had told me he would, but he was late. I should have known he'd be late though. I was always at the bottom of his list of priorities. I shook my head as I grabbed my books, standing up from the stairs.  It would be much quicker if I just walked home.

I began to walk away from the school and down the road, with my books in one hand against my side and my other hand in the pocket of my jeans. I kept my eyes straight ahead as I continued to walk. I heard the sound of a car driving behind me. I turned my head and I recognized the car as a car the Northsiders drive. I clear my throat as I casted my eyes forward, walking on.

The car pulled up beside me and a window rolled down. I kept my eyes forward as a Northsider shouted, "Aye! Southsider!"

I clenched my jaw tightly, biting my tongue to keep from saying something back.

"Aye! I'm talking to you, Scumboy!" I clenched my jaw, keeping my eyes forward. The car soon pulled up in front of me and skidded to a stop. Five Northsiders piled out of the car and stared at me as the leader spoke again, "Oi! Don't ignore me! Who do you think you are?"

"I don't want any trouble," I said simply, clenching my fist as I fixed the Northsider with my best glare.

"Too late. You've got trouble. I don't know what makes you think you can associate with us but you need to stay away from Rosalie Hale," he said as he stepped forward and I stood my ground, raising a single eyebrow.

"And if I don't?" I questioned, clenching my jaw.

"Then we'll kick you're dirty little behind until you get it through that head of yours that we're serious," he said, "I already laid claim to Rosalie. Besides she wouldn't want to be near you. You're a dirty little Southsider who can't help but to get people killed."

I clenched my jaw, glaring at the Northsider.

"Rosalie isn't an object you can claim," I snapped, ignoring his final words.

"She's just a chick. She needs someone like me in her life. She has way to much confidence. I could be the one to set her straight," the Northsider said and all his friends laughed as he smirked.

"Don't talk about Rosalie like that," I snapped, my voice a low growl as I glared at him.

"Or what, Southsider? What are you going to do? Hit me?" He stepped towards me and I clenched my fist, staring at him silently, "That's what I thought. You're nothing but trash and the stupid blonde realizes that she'll come running straight to me and I'll definitely have a blast with her. This trash isn't even worth our time, fellas," he grinned at me and turned his head as he looked back at his friends. As soon as his head was turned, I punched him in the jaw.

He stumbled and grabbed the side of his face in shock. He looked at me as I clenched and unclenched my bruising fist. I glared at him silently, "I said don't talk about Rosalie like that," I growled angrily.

The Northsider looked at me, a look of anger overtaking his face as he moved his hand from his jaw, "Get him!" He snapped. His buddies all ran towards me. I ducked as a big one barreled towards me and I kicked him in the back, causing him to stumble forwards.

I spun around and punched one in the nose that had tried to sneak up behind me, his head popped back and he slammed the back of his head into his buddy's face. I pushed them both away. I side stepped another one who had tried to punch me in the face and slapped him in the face.

I grunted when I was grabbed from behind by two people. I tried to shake them off but they had a tight grip on my arms. The leader walked up to me, an evil look in his eyes. He launched a fist into my stomach, causing me to gasp as I hunched over. He punched me again in the stomach and I spat out blood.

"Learn. Your. Place. Scum," he word was a hit in the stomach. They were hard hits too and I felt the wind get knocked out of me with each hit. I hunched over as I spit up blood. While I was hunched over, the Northsider took this as his chance to punch me in the face hard and I felt his ring dig into the skin as his fist made contact. His buddies let me go and I dropped to the ground.

I curled up into a ball and coughed as I tried to catch my breath. I felt someone kick me in the side and I gasped as a boot made contact with my ribs.

"You'll learn not to mess with me, Southside trash," the Northsider said as he and his buddies assaulted me with kicks. Someone's converse had landed in my face and my vision began to blur.

I felt someone grab my hair and lift my head up. I blinked quickly trying to see clearly. My jaw clenched as the Northsider came into view. He reached behind him for something and when his hand came into view, I saw it was a blade, "Any last words, Southsider?"

I smirked up at him as I spat my blood out at his face, "Suck my-," before I could finish he punched me in the face with the back of the blade and I grunted, my head hitting the ground. I spat more blood on the ground.

"Wrong move," he snarled and pressed the blade against my cheek. I closed my eyes waiting for it to make contact but I didn't feel anything. Instead I heard yelling and I opened my eyes slowly, my vision blurred as I saw a bunch of figures race around and beat down the Northsiders.

"Asher," said the familiar angelic voice. I saw a blurry figure kneel down beside me and I groaned in pain as I reached up slowly to touch it. My hand met cool, hard marble skin and I stroked it gently.

"Princess?" I questioned.

"You're so darn stupid," she said as she grabbed my hand and held it in her cold ones. I smirked as I knew that was a confirmation that this person was my Rosalie.

"I-I did it for you," I said quietly.

"Stupid," she repeated and I chuckled then winced, clenching my eyes shut tight, "You need a doctor."

"No. No doctors...Gary will send me away if he finds out," I whispered softly, clenching my jaw to keep from crying out in pain.

"Then I'll take you to my father," Rosalie said and I didn't respond to her, "Emmett. Could you carry him to the car?"

"Sure thing, Rosalie," I heard the familiar, gruff voice of Emmett Cullen and soon I felt myself being lifted from the ground. I felt myself being moved. I didn't bother to open my eyes or speak, I was aching all over.

I had never had to take on more than two people at a time. That was a different experience. I felt myself being slid into a car and my head was soon resting in someone's lap. I felt a pair of cool fingers push my hair from my forehead. I took a deep breath and I relaxed as I realized Rosalie was the one stroking me as the familiar smell of strawberries and vanilla hit my nose

"I-I'm tired, Rose," I mumbled softly, opening my eyes to look up at Rosalie.

"Don't fall asleep, Ash," she said and I grunted softly, "I mean, Asher, stay awake."

"G-goodnight, Princess," I mumbled as my eyes slipped closed and I welcomed darkness.