•9•

Prom rolled around and this year, Rosalie wanted to take me. It was my first prom, but not my last. But Rosalie still felt it would be special if she and I attended and I never say no to my Rose. So of course, she had me on my way with our brothers to buy a tux while she went and bought a dress.

Rosalie refused to show me what her dress looked like and she kept it hidden in Alice's room to keep it from me before the dance. At first I found it annoying and tried to get it out of her. I tried everything, seduction, pleading, silent treatment but nothing worked. So in the end, I gave up and decided to wait until prom.

It was prom night. So here I stood downstairs with my brothers. Edward and Emmett were dressed in traditional black, while Jasper wore a white tux jacket because Alice told him to. I had to wear red and so I had decided to go with a red and black tuxedo. My suit jacket and my pants were red, while my vest was black and red, my shirt was white and my bowtie was black.

Esme was taking picture after picture

Esme was taking picture after picture. I rolled my eyes at how many pictures my mother was taking. She reminded me of my biological mother, the thought brought a pang to my chest. I shook that thought away when I heard a door open upstairs. I immediately straightened up and waited for my mate.

A smile came to my lips as I smelt her before seeing her, then the smile widened when my eyes landed on her. Woah. Her dress, like my Rosalie, was anything but simple. It was flowing, it was a true gown, and it had diamonds along the waist and shoulders.

 It was flowing, it was a true gown, and it had diamonds along the waist and shoulders

As Rosalie approached me, I couldn't help but to stare. I met her halfway and offered her my hand which she gladly took, "Beautiful," I muttered as I brought her closer to me. She smiled up at me and I leaned down to connect my lips with hers, "I love you."

"And I love you," she mumbled against my lips. I smiled as I led her out the door, we walked to her Mercedes together and climbed inside. She climbed into the driver's seat and I climbed into the passenger seat. Serena and Emmett decided to ride with us so they climbed into the back seats.

Rosalie started her car and took off towards the school. When we arrived, Rosalie was quick to drag me towards the ticket booth. I followed after my mate stiffly. The scent of human blood filling my nostrils. I clenched my jaw as Rosalie stood in front of me and placed my hands on her waist. I handed Eric Yorkie our tickets.

"You both look hot!" Eric Yorkie commented and I just nodded my head at the boy while Rosalie rolled her eyes. I chuckled lowly at my mate's forever bitchiness. She dragged me out of the line and over to our waiting siblings. Jasper and Alice were next for pictures so we waited with Emmett and Serena.

"Gross. Do you guys smell that?" Emmett questioned and I inhaled deeply, my nose scrunching up at the smell that was ruining the sweet scent of human blood.

"Mutts," Rosalie growled. I turned my head to look around and I spotted Bella walking over to the Black kid from the Quillette tribe. I raised a single eyebrow as I wondered where Edward had wandered off to.

"Bella's with a wolf," I said simply as my eyes narrowed on the two. They seemed to be having an easy conversation. I figured they were familiar with one another.

"Where's Edward? How can he just let Bella hang around a wolf like that? They're unstable," Serena frowned as her eyes fell on Bella and the wolf.

"He's not shifted yet," I responded as I looked at my sister, frowning slightly.

"So?" Serena rolled her eyes. I shook my head silently as I looked back over at Bella and the mutt. Edward had found his way to his mate's side. He and Jacob seemed to exchange heated words before Edward grabbed Bella's hand and led her away.

They made their way over to the group and Bella smiled when she spotted us.

"Hey, guys," Bella said as she looked at all of us.

"Hey, Bella! Looking good," Emmett grinned at the human.

"Thanks to Alice," Bella laughed softly and I chuckled lowly. Bella looked at me, "How's it going, Cullen?"

"I haven't tried to kill anyone, so I say it's going pretty well, Swan," I smirked slightly. Bella and I had grown closer after the incident with James. I still couldn't stand to be in a room for a long period of time with her, but I was able to tolerate her presence a little better.

"Alright. On that happy note, I say we all head inside before the human freezes to death," Emmett joked, but we all knew he was right. Bella had already started to shiver and we knew it was too cold outside for her.

I put my hand on the small of Rosalie's back and walked inside with her, following closely after her as she led us all inside. We walked to an empty table in the back of the room. I pulled Rosalie's chair out for her, once she was seated I pushed her chair back in. I sat down beside her and she leaned against me. I watched as Jasper and Alice made their way to the dance floor, while Emmett and Serena sat at the table with my mate and I.\

"So, Asher, since you and Rose are getting married properly, who are you going to choose as your best man?" Emmett asked, looking at me with a wide grin. I chuckled lowly as I looked at my brother.

"I was thinking Edward," I teased my bear of a brother. Emmett frowned and his eyes narrowed. I laughed at the look and Rosalie rolled her eyes. I chuckled, "I'm joking, Em. You know I want you as my best man."

"Heh, you almost had me, Ash. I honestly thought you'd choose Eddie over me for a second there," Emmett said as he flashed me a small grin.

"No. I love Edward but right now he is pretty with Bella. He needs to focus on his mate. Especially since she is human. He can't be stressed or thinking of other things when around her, or else he could end up hurting her."

My siblings and mate remained silent as they thought about what I had said. They all knew I was right. One wrong move and Bella could end up hurt. We all knew Edward refused to live without the human and so we couldn't let anything happen to her. I felt Rosalie stand up and I turned my head to look at my mate.

"I came here to have a good time with my mate. Not think about that human," she stated as she looked down at me and held her hand out to me, "Come and dance with me."

"Rosie, you know I don't dance, Princess," I tried to reason with my mate. She frowned at me and I sighed as I took her hand in mine. I stood up and allowed her to lead me to the dance floor. I heard Emmett make a whip sound in the background and I flipped him the bird. I stiffened as we got closer to the teenage humans on the dance floor. They all smelled so damn good. Rosalie took my hands and put them on her waist as she wrapped her arms around my neck. I was still tense as I clenched my jaw tightly, my eyes darting around at all the humans surrounding me.

"Asher," Rosalie's angelic voice rang through my ears, "Focus on me, baby. Look at me."

I let my eyes wander to Rosalie's face and my eyes met hers. She nodded slowly at me her hand played with the hairs on the back of my neck. She knew it was a way to help me to relax. My Rosalie knew me so well. I tugged my mate closer to me, leaning my head against hers. I inhaled and took in her scent. We moved to the music together, dancing across the dance floor.

"I love you, Asher Cullen," Rosalie said as she pulled her face away from my shoulder to look up at me. I flashed her a crooked grin. I would never get tired of hearing those three words come from her mouth.

"And I love you, Rosalie Hale," I responded, "Always."

"And forever," she promised before she leaned up and I leaned down, my lips meeting her