•1•

Year: 2005
Asher's POV

I clenched my jaw tightly as I stared ahead at the board in my Algebra class. I was doing my best to look like I was breathing, while simultaneously not breathing. It's not like I needed to breathe to live anyways. One of the perks of being a vampire.

Alice sat beside me and I knew she could sense how tense I was. I hadn't hunted in 3 days and it was finally starting to take its toll on me. My control was the weakest out of all of my family. Even Jasper, who had drank human blood half of his vampire life, had better control than I did.

"Two more minutes. Can you do it?" Alice mumbled softly so only I could hear. I didn't respond, I just casted my eyes in the direction of a girl who just pushed her hair over her shoulder, exposing her neck to me.

It would take me two seconds. Two seconds to sink my fangs into her neck and maybe 10 seconds to drain her dry. But then I would have to account for all the witnesses. There are about 15 other humans in the class but I'm sure I could get to all of them before they could do anything.

"Asher," Alice whispered, putting her hand on my arm as if to stop me from doing something, "Think of Rosalie."

I didn't respond as Rosalie's beautiful face popped into my mind. I clenched my jaw as I sat stiffly, gripping the edge of my desk.

"What are you and Rose doing later? It's your anniversary, right?" Alice asked me silently. I smiled softly as I recalled that it was indeed my 45 year anniversary with my mate. We had been together for 45 years. I couldn't believe she put up with me for this long.

"I'm taking her hunting then we are going to spend the night at our spot," I said truthfully.

"What did you get her?" Alice asked. I knew what she was trying to do. She was trying to distract me by talking about Rosalie. It normally always worked when she did. So I let her and continued talking about my mate.

"You know that Mercedes CLK350 Convertible that's been wanting since it came out this year?" I questioned and Alice nodded her head silently before her eyes widened.

"Aw, that's so cute. She's going to love it," Alice said and I grinned at my sister's words.

"I hope so," was all I said. The bell rang and I quickly gathered my books. I was the first one out the class and Alice followed after me quickly. We walked down the hall together, exiting the building as we walked to the building that contained the school's cafeteria.

"Good job," Alice said and I nodded my head once as I walked alongside my sister. Once reached the back of the building, I spotted my mate and my other siblings. I smiled slightly as Rosalie looked over at me from her conversation with Emmett.

She walked towards me at a quick human-like pace and stood on her toes to kiss me. I smiled against her lips as I grabbed her hips, taking her in. I relaxed only slightly as I kissed my mate back. When she pulled away she looked up at me, her eyes shining with concern.

"Are you okay? Do you need to go home?" Rosalie asked me, looking up at me with a look of concern. I frowned as I looked down at her. I hated worrying her. It was one of the worst feelings in the world for me. She was always there, worrying about me slipping up and regressing.

"I'm fine, Princess. Don't worry about it," I said, looking down at my mate.

"Are you sure?" She questioned and I nodded my head.