•07•

Asher's POV

When I woke up, I noticed that I was in an unfamiliar room. This room was much cleaner than my own. There weren't any posters lining the walls, or clothes strewn across the floor. The bed I was laying in had white silk sheets instead of black cotton ones. I slowly sat up, grabbing at my side as I winced at the pain I felt shooting through my body.

"Why are you sitting up, Idiot?" I felt a pair of cold hands on my bare shoulders push me back down on my back slowly. I turned my head to see Rosalie looking down at me with a look of annoyance.

"I didn't know where I was," I said, offering a small shrug, wincing at the pain that shot through my body.

"I brought you to my house so my father could look you over. You refused to go to the hospital," Rosalie looked at me with a frown. I nodded my head silently as I slowly tried to sit up again, Rosalie went to push me down but I held my hand up to stop her.

"I'm fine, Princess," I promised as I sat up slowly, leaning my back against the headboard. I wrapped my arm around my torso, trying not to wince. I looked down at my body and saw that my torso had been wrapped up and I had no shirt on, "Where's my shirt?" I questioned, looking over at the blonde.

"It had a lot of blood on it so my mother, Esme, is washing it for you," Rosalie said. Her expression went blank as she looked at me silently. She frowned as she studied me closely, "What made you think it was smart to take on five boys by yourself?"

"I never said I was smart," I smirked at Rosalie and she glared at me. My smirk dropped as I leaned my head back against the headboard, looking away from the blonde, "They were talking about you. They called you a stupid blonde and said they had claim over you. One of them said they were going to have you in a terrible way. I got angry," I frowned slightly as I looked over at Rosalie, "No one should be allowed to talk about you like that. And I tried to show them that they couldn't."

Rosalie's gaze softened as she looked at me. She sighed as she reached out to stroke the side of my face with the pad of her thumb. I leaned into her touch, closing my eyes slowly.

"My knight in shining armor," she said softly. I opened my eyes and saw her looking at me with a soft smile. I offered a small smirk.

"Anything for you, Princess," I responded, causing Rosalie to roll her eyes and look away from me. I knew she was smiling because I could see the corner of her lip curl upwards. I smiled for a moment before my smile dropped and I looked at Rosalie silently, "Rose..." Rosalie looked at me, raising her eyebrows silently as she kept that same soft smile on her face, "How did you find me?" Rosalie's smile dropped and she looked at me silently. I raised a single eyebrow, awaiting an answer.

"Emmett, Edward, and I were in the neighborhood," Rosalie answered. I knew she was lying by the way she averted her eyes and tried to keep her expression blank.

"You were in the Southside? For what reason exactly?" I raised a single eyebrow. Rosalie looked at me silently and I shook my head, "Never mind. You're not gonna tell me the truth anyways."

"I want to. Trust me I do, but...it's safer if you don't know," Rosalie said seriously. I looked at her silently, raising a single eyebrow.

"What do you mean?"

"I told you when we first met...I'm not a princess. I'm more like the villain," she said and I frowned slightly at her words.

"How can anyone as amazing, brilliant, and beautiful as you be a villain, Rosalie Hale?" I questioned.

"I'm not as innocent as you make me out to be, Asher Bates," Rosalie said as she looked at me with those golden eyes.

"I never said you were innocent, Princess. I said amazing, brilliant, and beautiful," I retorted, smirking slightly. Rosalie rolled her eyes.

"I've done some terrible things. My family...we're different."

"We've all done terrible things and your family is fine. You're perfect, Rosalie Hale. You're real. You've never once lied to me. Maybe withheld the truth but never lied. I trust you with my life, Rosalie. I don't know why...but I do."

"You're stupid," Rosalie said and I smirked slightly, raising a single eyebrow. I sat up slowly and leaned towards Rosalie, ignoring the stinging sensation in my side. I kept my eyes on hers, glancing down to her lips then back to her eyes again. She tensed up in front of me but made no indication that she wanted me to move.

"Am I?" I said, I grinned slightly. Rosalie's eyes held mine, glancing at my lips every once and a while before returning to my eyes again.

"Yes," she said softly. I reached a hand out to touch her hand that was placed on the bed between us. She was cold, but she always was. I was used to it by now. I looked at her lips once more before looking into her eyes. I searched for anything, any indication that she didn't want this.

"I'm going to kiss you now, Rosalie Hale," I whispered softly, I reached my free hand up to push some of her hair away from her face and behind her ear. Rosalie melted, her once tensed body, relaxing into my touch.

"Please," she mumbled softly and I flashed a small smile before leaning in slowly and pressing my lips against hers.

I've kissed plenty of girls before but none of those kisses compared to this one. It was like my soul was finally complete. I felt full, happy. My once broken heart began to mend itself. The fireworks went off in the back of my mind and my heart pounded excitedly against my chest. Her lips were cold and hard, yet soft at the same time. They molded perfectly with mine. It was as if my lips were meant to kiss hers. We were meant to be.

Nothing else mattered to me. Not Gary, not Eric. Not Southside or Northside. Not our differences. Not a single thing. Just Rosalie Hale. I was solely and utterly hers in that moment. Without her, I had nothing. Without her, I was empty. I lived my life day by day. But with her, I was complete. I was whole. I mattered.

It was a simple kiss. Neither of us bothered to deepen it. And it lasted a solid 10 seconds. But it was still the best kiss I had ever received. Rosalie was the first to pull away and when I opened my eyes, I saw that her eyes were still closed. I smiled softly as I stroked her cheek with the pad of my thumb. She opened her eyes slowly and my smile dropped when I saw that her normal golden eyes were now a black color.

"Rose," I said in a whisper and she leaned against my hand that was still stroking her cheek.

"Hmm?" She said softly.

"Are you alright? Your eyes...they're...black," I said and she looked at me with wide eyes, pulling her head away from my hand quickly as if I had just burned her, "Woah woah. I'm sorry. I didn't mean anything by it. If it's another thing you can't tell me I'll just let it drop. I just want to be sure you're okay," I said simply. Rosalie looked at me silently before looking away.

"I'm fine," she answered shortly.

"That's all I wanted to know," I said as I reached out to turn her head towards me again, "Come and lay with me?"

"You're hurt," she said and I shrugged casually.

"What's a little more pain?"

She didn't seem convinced and this time it was my turn to roll my eyes as I grabbed her arm and pulled her up to the top of the bed with me. I leaned back, sliding down so now my head rested on a pillow, and I wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her close. Rosalie sighed and rolled her eyes at me, but I knew that in Rosalie that meant she liked me. She leaned her head against my chest slowly.

I reached up and began to stroke her hair silently as I looked up at her ceiling. I felt her cool hand on my side and she traced a pattern on my side with her thumb. I sighed as I turned my head to kiss the top of her head before my eyes slipped closed. I inhaled deeply, relishing in her scent before I drifted off into the realm of unconsciousness.