•09•

Asher's POV

As soon as Rosalie and I stepped into the house, I saw that the entire Cullen family were waiting for us in the sitting room. They were standing in the same spots as if they never left. Carlisle looked at Rosalie, nodding his head once at her.

"You've made the right decision, Rosalie. He deserves to know," Carlisle said. Rosalie just looked at him silently, her grip on my hand tightening only slightly. Her face was blank of any emotion, her lips drawn into a straight line.

"Rose?" I spoke her name softly, looking down at her in concern. She looked at me and her gaze softened.

"Please...don't hate me after you find out," Rosalie whispered and I frowned at her words. Hate her?

"I could never hate you, Rosalie Hale," I promised.

"Just wait," Rosalie said as she held onto my hand, leading me to the smaller sofa in her sitting room. She sat down and pulled me down beside her.

I watched as her family all took seats in various areas of the room. Carlisle grabbed the armchair he had been sitting in earlier and brought it over in front of Rosalie and I. He sat down in it whilst Esme took a seat beside Edward. Carlisle looked at me silently for a moment and I felt Rosalie's fingers intertwine with mine.

"What do you know of vampires, Asher?" Carlisle questioned. I frowned at the question, my brows furrowing in confusion.

"Only what I've read about in books. They sleep in coffins, burn in the sun, and drink blood to survive."

"You've got one of those facts correct," Carlisle said. He rubbed his chin as he looked at me, "They do need blood to survive. Some survive on the blood of humans and others on the blood of animals. But they do not sleep in coffins, they don't sleep at all actually and they do not burn in the sun."

"They sparkle," Emmett spoke up from behind Carlisle.

"Like diamonds," Rosalie threw in from beside me, causing me to look at her. My brows furrowed in confusion.

"How would you all know that?" I questioned, looking around at the family. I tried to think logically for a moment. They were all inhumanly pale. They were utterly beautiful. They shared the same color eyes even though none of them were truly related. No, it couldn't be. They couldn't be...they aren't real...vampires aren't real...it can't be. But it made sense. It all drew together.

"Say it, Asher. Say it aloud," Edward said and I looked at him, knowing he had read my mind.

"Y-you're vampires," I said softly, "But...I mean...how?"

"We were all changed into vampires in various different years. I was changed by an evil vampire when I was young and I changed my family, all except Jasper, whilst in my travels," Carlisle explained as he looked at me.

"And you...you all drink blood?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Animal blood, yes. You see my family and I are what we like to call Vegetarian vampires," Rosalie explained as she looked at me, "We don't like the thought of hurting humans just to get a meal. We want to blend it, try to live semi-normal lives. And so we drink animal blood and assimilate into human culture."

I nodded my head silently at her words as I tried to let everything sink in. I ran a hand through my hair, pushing it back from my face.

"Cool," I said simply. It was silent for a moment before Emmett began to laugh. He shook his head as he let out a booming laugh. I smiled slightly, raising an eyebrow, "What did I say?"

"I mean you've just found out the girl you like and her family are all vampires and all you can say is 'cool'. You're truly something, Asher," Emmett laughed as he stood up, "You'll make a great addition to the family," he zoomed over and my eyes widened at how fast he made it over to us and he clapped me on the back, "I hope to see you around more," he chuckled.

He left the room just as soon as he zoomed over to me. Serena stood up and rolled her eyes, flashing me a soft smile.

"I'm sorry about him. He's like a big man child," Serena laughed before she zoomed out after her boyfriend. Alice and Jasper were the next to stand up.

"I saw this, ya know? I'm so happy you finally know. I can't wait to get to know you more!" Alice zoomed over and tackled me with a tight hug. I smiled slightly and wrapped my arms around her, hugging her back. I could easily see myself loving Alice like a little sister. She was so sweet and small. I knew she could probably take me out in a second flat but I found myself growing protective of the pixie-like vampire.

She let me go and raced to Jasper's side. Jasper flashed me a small smile.

"Glad you know now. Your confusion was really starting to mess with me," he said and I frowned slightly.

"I'm sorry," I said and Jasper shrugged casually.

"No problem," he said before he allowed Alice to drag him out of the room. Edward was the next to stand.

"I know you won't tell anyone or hurt my sister. I've been in your head enough times to know. So I'll just leave now. Nice to meet you again, Asher," Edward said before turning to leave the room. Carlisle and Esme stood up.

"Well, we'll leave the two of you alone. Now that everything is out in the open I'm sure you probably have questions. If Rosalie is ever unable to answer them, my door is always open," Carlisle said before he grabbed Esme's hand and led her out of the room.

Everyone was gone now, leaving just Rosalie and I alone in her living room. It was silent as I turn my head to look at the blond vampire at my side. I frowned as I saw she was looking away from me. I reached out and put a finger under her chin. I turned her head so that she was looking at me. I slid my hand up to cup the side of her face, stroking her cheek with my thumb.

"I'm not going anywhere," I promised and I watched as she physically relaxed. She smiled softly at me and leaned into my hand. I smiled at the sight and continued to stroke her cheek, "I wouldn't be able to leave you even if I wanted to, Rosalie. I don't know why, but I can't imagine my life without you."

"We're soulmates," Rosalie said as she grabbed my hand from the side of her face and held it in both of hers, "Just like Esme and Carlisle, Alice and Jasper, and Emmett and Serena. We're meant to be together. We're two halves of a whole. We belong. Nothing can break our bond. Nothing can ruin us."

I looked at Rosalie and I found myself smiling at her. The blond beauty was my soulmate. We belonged together.

"Rosalie Hale," I said, causing her golden eyes to look up and meet my blue ones, "Will you go steady with me?" I questioned. Rosalie smiled at me, those golden eyes holding that familiar twinkle that I now knew she solely reserved for me.

"I suppose I can give it a shot, Asher Bates," Rosalie teased. I rolled my eyes and pulled my hand from Rosalie's. I looked down at my father's old class ring. It had been given to me by the doctor that diagnosed my parents death. I had kept it ever since. Gary never knew I had it and he probably never will. I took it off my pointer finger and I held it out to Rosalie. She looked at it then at me, her eyes going glossy for a moment, "Oh, Asher," she whispered and I smiled as I took her left hand, placing the ring on her ring finger.

"I promise you, Rosalie Hale. That I am not going anywhere. You're stuck with me for as long you'll have me," I said. Rosalie didn't respond verbally instead she grabbed either side of my face and pressed her lips against mine, kissing me softly. I smiled as I placed my hands on her waist, returning her kiss.

It was safe to say I was happy.