•6•

It was time to play baseball. Alice had announced it during Bella's visit. She had told everyone and even suggested Bella come and play with us. We knew she really meant watch us play because vampires playing baseball is way too dangerous for a human.

There was a thunderstorm coming and my family always played baseball during thunderstorms because of how loud we were.

I had dressed in a pair of black jogger sweats, a white t-shirt and a blue and white Yankees jersey. I left the jersey unbuttoned completely. I wore my black cleats.

I put on my dar blue Yankee's baseball cap. I used my speed to run downstairs and met my mate at the front door. She smiled softly once she saw me and used her speed to stand in front of me. She grabbed my shirt and leaned up on her toes.

"You always look sexy in that baseball uniform," she mumbled and pressed her lips against mine firmly. When I went to kiss her back, she quickly pulled away, causing me to growl lowly. She just smirked at me, "Race you," she winked before turning and racing out the door.

I let out a playful snarl, and I ran after her. We ran through the forest to the clearing where my family normally played baseball.

Alice, Jasper, Emmett, Serena, Carlisle, and Esme were already there when we reached the field. Jasper was practicing his swings with a bat and Alice was talking with Serena, while throwing the baseball back and forth. Teams were already decided before we had arrived.

We always played with the same teams. The teams were made specifically to showcase our talents. Except they were kind of rigged as Emmett, Edward, Alice, and I were all on a team together. 3/4 of us had a gift and Emmett had his strength. But that didn't stop Jasper, Carlisle, Serena, and Rosalie to beat us sometimes.

We were a really competitive family and that came out when playing baseball.

Esme was always the catcher for both teams as well as the umpire because she was the only one of us who we knew wouldn't cheat. I grabbed the other bat from Carlisle and grinned at him, "I got this, Carlisle," I said and he chuckled and he rolled his eyes but complied to my wishes and handed me the bat.

Rosalie raced over in front of me and smirked, "Ready?" She asked and I just raised a second eyebrow as I held the bat out. We both began to use our hands to climb to the top of the bat and my hand landed on the top first and I smirked as she laughed and pushed at my shoulder.

"Good luck, baby girl," I said as I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her close, kissing her softly. We were batting first because I had won and I always chose to bat first. Batting was my specialty. I was equal parts strong and fast, my strength matching Emmett's and my speed matching Edward's. 

I smelt Bella before I saw her and I froze silently as I leaned my nose down against Rosalie's head.

"Bella, glad you're here. We need an umpire," Esme said as she grabbed Bella from Edward's arms and led her to home plate.

"She thinks we cheat," Emmett said as he walked past them, an innocent smirk on his face as he tossed the baseball back and forth in his hands.

"I know you cheat," Esme countered with a playful, teasing grin of her own, "Call them as you see 'em Bella," Esme said as she placed Bella behind home plate. Rosalie and I made eye contact before she and I went our separate ways.

She raced to second base and I raced towards home plate. I made sure to keep my distance from Bella, crossing my arms against my chest and not pretending to breathe as I watched Emmett step up to bat first.

Alice looked up then back down as she smiled softly, "It's time," she said just as the thunder sounded in the sky. I kept my eyes on Emmett as he swung the bat a little before getting in his stance.