•10•

After making things official with Rosalie and I, I returned home. Rosalie had to hunt and she didn't want me to get into trouble with my brother if I returned home too late.

Gary wasn't home when I arrived though, so I figured he was just at work or possibly drinking with his buddies. I made myself a sandwich and took it to my room.

I ate my sandwich, the proceeded to take a shower. After showering I returned to my room, threw on a wife beater and a pair of underwear and laid in my bed, with the book I was reading at the time. Wuthering Heights.

I flipped through the pages of my book silently, ignoring the sounds of the raining hitting my window outside. After a while I grew tired of the book and I shut it, placing it on my bedside table. I was growing restless. I spent most of the day sleeping and so I wasn't tired at all. I climbed out of bed and grabbed my jeans, pulling them on. I slipped my feet into my Converses and I walked out of my room.

I grabbed my leather jacket and slipped it on before I opened the door that led out to our garage. I walked into the garage, shutting the door behind me. I walked over to the black tarp in the corner of the garage. I pulled the tarp off and admired my bike silently.

It was the closest thing I had that reminded me of my parents. I touched the handlebars silently. Tears began to fill my eyes but I refused to let them fall.

"Nice ride," said the familiar voice of my Rosalie. I turned my head to see her standing in the middle of my garage. She looked at me silently, a soft smile on her face.

"Alice?" I questioned, raising a single eyebrow.

"She saw that you were going out tonight. She told me she thought it'd be better if I went with you," Rosalie said as she looked at me. I chuckled, nodding my head.

"I wouldn't mind it. If you're up for a ride I mean," I said as I motioned to my bike. She nodded her head silently and made her way over to me. I looked at the bike again, rubbing the leather on the seats, "I haven't driven since my parents died."

I felt a pair of cold arms wrap around me from behind and a head against my back, "You don't have to push yourself to ride, Asher," Rosalie said and I nodded my head silently.

"I know that. But...I don't want to rely on my brother anymore," I said simply and Rosalie nodded her head against my bike. I turned around to look down at Rosalie, wrapping my arms around her. She leaned her head against my chest and I kissed the top of it, "Thank you for being here with me."

"Always," Rosalie said. I pulled away from her, releasing her rather reluctantly. I walked to the garage door and I pushed it up so that it would open. I turned and walked back to my bike. I climbed onto it first, holding my hand out to Rosalie so that I could help her climb on behind me. She did so and wrapped her arms around my waist. I started to bike and smiled to myself as the engine roared to life.

I pulled off out of my garage, driving out into the rain. I felt Rosalie's arms tighten around my waist slightly and felt her lean her head against my back. I smiled slightly as I continued to drive down the road. This actually felt quite nice. I had missed this feeling. The feeling of being free while riding my motorcycle down the road.

The entire ride was silent. I wouldn't be able to hear Rosalie if she talked anyways. The sound of the engine and the rain slamming against the ground, louder than anything. But it was good that it was silent. I was able to think. I thought best while riding my bike. I drove right through the Southside and into the Northside.

I smirked silently as I rode my bike, taking turns here and there. When I reached the end of town, I pulled my bike to an abrupt stop. I stared up at the town sign, 'Welcome to Oakridge', it had read.