•7•

Edward had drove to Bella's house. He was waiting for Bella in her room, packing her bags. Emmett and I ran the perimeter of Bella's house four times to make sure James wasn't too close by. Edward made it clear to us, our main concern was Bella. But if we could get James as far away from Charlie as possible that was good.

We knew James was close enough to hear most of what was going on. Like the fight Bella had with Charlie inside the house to get her to go. She was laying it on thick when it came to insulting the police chief. But we knew it was what she had to do. Emmett had driven the Jeep back home before coming back, he arrive around the fifth time I ran a check.

Edward had ran over into the trees where Emmett and I were waiting, we both looked at our brother with raised eyebrows, "I'm going to drive Bella home. Follow in the forests so you aren't spotted. Alice is about a mile back in my car so she'll be meeting us soon."

"Alright," I responded to my brother, nodding my head once. When we heard Bella shout something, Edward was quick to run to her truck. We watched as he climbed in. Bella ran outside with Charlie yelling after her. She tossed her bag into her truck and she climbed in, she started the truck and pulled off.

Emmett and I followed after, running alongside Bella's truck whilst hidden in the trees. We watched as Bella pulled over to the side of the road. I looked around, keeping an eye out for James. Emmett was jumping around on his toes, ready for a possible fight. I saw Alice pull up behind them in Edward's car, just like Edward said she would be.

Edward started the truck and was pulling off again, Alice following behind him in the car.

"You ready?" Emmett questioned and I nodded. We took off at a run, following close to the truck. I could hear James moving in the woods behind us and I knew he was following. I looked at Emmett and we both exchanged looks before running out of the shadows of the woods and onto the road.

Emmett and I both jumped and landed in the bed of the truck with a loud thud. Bella's scream lasted a second before I heard Edward's voice reassuring her.

"It's Emmett and Asher," he explained, "It's okay, Bella. You're going to be safe."

I listened closely and I could hear Bella's heart rate increase. She was still scared, not at all soothed by my brother's words. I looked at Emmett, "I'll be right back," I told my bigger brother and he nodded his head. I slid off of the side of the truck and opened the passenger door. Bella let out another scream, "Bella! Bella! It's just me. It's Asher," I called as I waved my hand in front of her face.

Edward glared at me for scaring his mate almost to death and I rolled my eyes, "I'm coming in, move over," I said as I slipped into the car, causing Bella to slide closer to Edward. Once I was seated safely inside of the car, I slammed the door shut.

"Why are you in here?" Edward questioned with a low growl.

"Your mate's still scared," I answered honestly. I looked at Bella who was blushing. I stiffened silently as her scent washed over me. She smelled so good. Edward growled at me and I knew he had read my thoughts, "Shut up, Eddie," I snapped angrily as I looked at my brother.

"Don't think like that about my mate," Edward growled low enough for only myself to hear and not Bella. I rolled my eyes.

"If I wanted to kill her, I would have by now. I care about Bella as well, Edward. Don't worry. I can control myself," I responded just as low as my brother. Bella looked between Edward and I, a frown on her face.

"Are you guys talking about me?" Bella questioned as her eyes narrowed dangerously. I chuckled lowly as I shrugged casually.

"Edward's always talking about you, Swan," I responded, "Nonstop. And it's honestly rather disgusting."