Diagon Alley

It was time to travel by floo-powder! Phoebe and her mother stepped into the chimney and said "to the Diagon Alley" then dropped the floo-powder and green flames appeared. Phoebe was shocked and was nearly crying, but then suddenly she was standing in a room with her mother and everything was fine. The flames didn't hurt but the shock was obviously, because a man said:

"First travel with floo-powder or? You have to be a non magical family with a new witch."

"Yes I am a witch and my parents aren't", Phoebe said with a quiet voice.

"First you have to change your money in Gringotts, don't be scared this bank is headed by goblins, they aren't dangerous, but you woundn't like to have them as enemies. Then you change your money there and let them explain the using of the money", the man said. "Come back when you finished your shopping and you can travel home, see you later."

Phoebe and her mum went out of the building, finding out it was a pub. They walked along the street and met a lot of witches and wizards. They all looked strange in their special clothes. Phoebe gaped all over the way to Gringotts, there were so many shops and they looked so crazy and fascinating, everything was enchanted, so cool. They arrived at Gringotts, the wizard bank, it was the biggest building in the Diagon Alley as far as it is seen, and it is made out of marble. They walked in and found a big silver door, with words engraved upon it:

Enter, stranger, but take heed

Of what awaits the sin of greed,

For those who take, but do not earn,

Must pay most dearly in their turn,

So if you seek beneath our floors

a treasure that was never yours,

Thief, you have been warned, beware

Of finding more than treasure there.  (--> J.K.Rowling)

Both entered the big hall and went down the aisle to a goblin. My mother began to speak:

" Hello my name is Jane McAlister and I want to change my money here for my daughter Phoebe".

"Yes Ma'am, how much do you want to change."

"I thought about five hundred pounds"

"Yes of cause, do you also want to open a vault?"

"Yes if it is possible, then I want to put two thousand pounds changed in wizard money in her vault", my mother responded.

"Yes, if you wish."

The goblin disappeared for a moment and came back with a lot of money and a key.

"This is your key Ms.McAlister", he gave the key to Phoebe, who was very happy at this moment, so much money!

"This is your exchanged money, just to explain: The gold ones are Galleons, seventeen silver Sickles to a Galleon and twenty-nine Knuts to a Sickle. Understood?", the goblin said.

"Yes sir", Phoebe answered and exited the bank with her mother.

"So honey, you will keep your key and this money is a present from me and your father. Please do not spend all your money in the first year, you know we aren't that rich, but this is yours. I think we should buy your clothes first. The money that will remain after this day, will be yours for this school year."

So the two of them went to Madam Malkin and waited inside. There was a short queue and Phoebe stood at the end with her mother. In front of her also a girl with her mother, she seemed as nervous as me and talked to her mother:

"Mum do you think I will be a good witch, I mean it is knew for me and all the others know everything about magic".

"I do no anything about magic at all", Phoebe said to the girl with the brown long curled hair and brown eyes.

"Oh, I am Hermione and I am a first year, my parents aren't magical person, only I got the letter."

"I am Phoebe, pleasure to meet you, and the same is about me, I got the letter in the early morning not knowing anything."

"Do you want to be my friend?"

"I would be glad to have you as my first friend in this wizard world", Phoebe answered.

"I think I let the two of you allone and we meet in two hours at the pub?, do you want to keep company Mrs.?", Jane said.

"Mrs. Granger", the woman replied, "Yes of cause, it would be a pleasure."

The two girls talk to each other and swept phone numbers, then Madam Malkin walked to them and said, they should stood on a stool so she can dressed them. It took fifteen minutes and then they walked out of the shop with a bag of clothes.

"Should we buy the books now?", Hermione asked.

"That's a good idea"

"Do you know where we have to go?"

"Not exactly, but I saw a bookshop this direction" and Phoebe pointed in the opposite direction of Gringotts.

They walked down the street watching other person and talking about anything.

Finally they entered the book shop and searched for the books. There were so many Spellbooks, but they found the Standard Book of Spells Grade 1. There also was a big bookshelf filled with history books.

"I haven't known that magic history is also important, I hated history in my old school", Phoebe said and Hermione laughed.

"Oh look there is the book we are searching, a History of Magic. And there is also an interesting book, Hogwarts a History, I think we should buy them too, to learn something about the new world, or?", Hermione added.

"Yes you are right, I will take one of these", Phoebe said and put one into her bag. The two biggest shelves were the poisons and defend against dark arts. There were so many exciting books, that they bought more than needed. The next stop was the apothecary to buy a cauldron and a few more things. Now nearly everything was bought only the wand was missing, the best and most interesting thing for a wizard or witch.

They arrived at Ollivander and set foot into the shop. An old man was standing behind the counter and watched them.

"Hello, the two of you, ready for buying a wand?", the man greeted.

"Hello I am Phoebe and this Hermione and we will go to Hogwarts this year and want to buy our wand."

"Yes, sure you need them but first let me measure you."

He walked to them holding a tapeline and used it on them. Finally he disappeared in the room behind the counter and appeared few seconds later with a lot of boxes. He walked over to us and gave each of the girls a wand. They swung it, but nothing happened. They took the next and swayed it again, Phoebes wand let the lights glow up and Mr.Ollivander knew this was the right one. Hermione had the try a few others, till she got hers.

"Ms. McAlister your wand is eight inches, maple and a unicorn hair. Ms. Granger your wand is ten inches, beachwood and dragon skin."

Both girl thanked the man and went out of the shop. Phoebe looked at her watch and said:

"Sorry Hermione, but I have to go and meet my mum, see you on Kings Cross?"

"Yes I will be there, see you." And both ran in different directions.

Phoebe spot her mother and walked up to her. "Is all business done?", her mother asked.

"Yes nearly, I just need a pet."

"If you really want a pet, then you should buy a cat, it is normal in our world, isn't it. And buy two more for your siblings, they would feel bad, if they wouldn't get one."

"Yes of cause."

And both entered the pet shop. They exited it with three kittens, Phoebes' was black with green eyes like her own.