Flooded Apartment AU {Treebros}

A/N-I'm doing a prompt because why not? Remember, ya'll can request.

"You're Evan Hansen, right?"

Evan was very confused. He had been awoken to someone knocking on his apartment door, and he didn't get the chance to fix his hair or change out of whatever he wore to bed that night. Now some random guy was asking for his name, which he had gotten precisely correct, and was sure he never met this guy once in his life.

"Y-Yeah, that's me. Why?" Evan messed with his shirt self consciously, pulling down on it.

"Um, I'm in the apartment below you, the one that just flooded, right? I'm apparently staying with you for a week," he took out a slip and handed it to Evan, "I'm Connor Murphy, by the way."

Evan stared at the note and huffed, but let Connor in anyways. "I don't know w-why they didn't tell me but.. I-it's fine."

"You sure? I uh, don't wanna invade your privacy or whatever," Connor told him.

Evan nodded to him. "C-c'mon, I'll make some tea."

~*~

"So you're uh, l-looking for business jobs?" Evan asked, taking a sip of his basil tea.

"Yeah, I'm looking into organizing trades and stock, stuff like that," Connor answered, finishing his cup of tea. "It's not easy finding somewhere to work, though. Anyways, what about you?"

"E-Environmental Science. I'm already w-working at a lab," Evan answered, setting his cup down. "I t-think I'll have you sleep on the couch. It uh, it unfolds into a bed."

"I'll take whatever I can get, aside from a soggy mattress," Connor joked.

"Yeah heh. S-so a week?" Evan asked, just to clarify.

"Unless the manager says it'll take longer. I'll even pay you rent if you want," Connor answered.

"I guess t-that's fair," Evan made a small smile. It seemed fair, food, shelter, and plumbing, in exchange for a small amount of money.

Connor smiled slightly, "Good, then we've come to an agreement. I'll pay you fifty dollars by the end of the week."

"Okay," Evan smiled back at him.

~*~

The next night, Evan returned to his apartment exhausted and about ready to crash. It wasn't a bad day, no, it was just.. exhausting. So many things had to be done and Evan had taken overtime so he could earn a little extra cash. He wasn't concerned with dinner or anything, he just wanted to sleep.

Evan cautiously shut the apartment door, in fear of accidentally waking him up, and walked to his room.

Connor, however, hadn't had fallen asleep just yet. He sat up and looked in Evan's direction. "Hey.. have you eaten yet?"

Evan flinched and looked back at him. He couldn't stop the yawn from escaping his lips. "Um.. no.. But uh, d-don't worry about me."

However, Connor was already getting up and gently leading him to the table. He sat him down and took out half of a leftover cheeseburger from Wendy's. He heated it in the microwave and kept a watchful eye on Evan, who yawned and tried to stay awake at the table. There was a beep, and Connor took it out and set it down in front of Evan.

"Eat up, okay? You need nutrition," Connor told him, and went to get him a glass of water next.

Evan blushed but started to eat. He already thought Connor was a nice guy, but this showed him how much of a softie he could be. Connor had warned him he suffered from Bipolar, and might have a few outbursts now and again, it Evan had completely misjudged him from an intimating guy to a sweetheart in just one night.

Maybe having him around wouldn't be so bad.

~*~

Connor was having a bad day. A very, very bad day.

It started off when he he woke up late and had to rush to get ready for an interview he had scheduled (Evan was gone before him), then it escalated to being stuck in rush-hour traffic and being late to the interview, which he was certain he didn't get the job. He had a therapy appointment, but when he came in, they said they just changed the dates, so he had to come in later that week. After that, some asshole broke Connor's car mirror, and in the end, he stood outside an Olive Garden, coming to terms with that his date had stood him up. If it couldn't get worse form there, it started to rain.

Connor slammed open the apartment door, soaked from the rain. Evan had just gotten home and was making Mac and Cheese for dinner, because he had a budget to keep. Evan jumped and turned around at the sudden sound, then frowned at Connor, who looked absolutely miserable. He moved his pot of noodles and quickly went to his roommate, leading him to the couch, and let him sit down, the back of his mind nagging him about the wet spot he'd leave, but he pushed that thought aside and quickly ran to get him a towel. He returned with a few and wrapped Connor tight in them, before sitting beside him and asking what was wrong.

Connor poured out his feelings to Evan about the hellous day he had to go through. He tried to make it fast since Evan had to cook still.

Evan got up and told him to change into some more comfortable clothes so they could watch a movie together. He went to continue his Mac and Cheese.

Connor was a little more dry than before, but he had to admit, nice clothes did sound nice. He went down the hallway and went to put some on.

A few minutes later, he turned in some soft pants and a tang top. He sat down and watched as Evan hurried over, and covered him up with a soft white blanket. Evan then handed him a bowl of Mac and Cheese, before sitting beside him.

"I don't deserve you.." Connor smiled sheepishly, taking small bites out of his bowl.

"And I um- we'll I don't deserve you," Evan tried.

Connor laughed, "I didn't know you were bold enough to flirt with me."

Evan then turned a crimson red, "Uh- I um- well-"

"You don't owe me an explanation. You're kinda cute, if you asked me," Connor stated, smirking lightly.

"W-what..?" If Evan could've blushed even more, he would've. He felt his blush spreading down to his neck.

"I mean like, we barely know each other, but oddly enough, I enjoy being around you,
like, a lot," Connor explained.

"I um- I l-like being around you, too.." Evan nervously messed with his shirt, giving it various tugs.

"C'mere, join me under my fortress," Connor lifted his blanket, and Evan slowly joined him underneath it, letting himself relax.

~*~

"Do you have to go?" Evan complained, watching his friend pull his suitcase out of the apartment room.

"My apartment is fixed, and I better get my own place back," Connor joked, stopping in the doorway.

"I'll miss you.." Evan admitted sheepishly.

"After only a week?" Connor teased.

Evan blushed, "S-shut up!"

"Whatever. I'm only a floor away. You know my apartment number. Come visit, okay?" He offered.

"Definitely.." Evan nodded, and watched Connor leave.

Evan could say that he never talked to Connor again after he left, but that'd be a lie. The two continued to talk and slowly fall for each other, completely oblivious to all the signs saying that they liked each other back. But they had each other, and that was enough for them.