An Off-Feeling {Treebros}

A/N- Me??? Writing trans Evan whenever possible??? It's more likely than you think.

The Murphy household wasn't exactly paradise. Well, according to what Connor says, at least. That was why he and Evan always settled to stay at his house, as it was more quiet, peaceful, and in general, comfortable.

At first, when Evan brought Connor over for the first time, he felt self conscious about it. He'd never had been ashamed of his house, because he'd only seen it as such. It was where he grew up, spent most of his time at, and hid many things he didn't want Connor to find or see.

Like childhood pictures. Heidi still had pictures hanging from when he was just a little kid, but that was far before he even started transitioning. Evan understood the sentimental value, he really did, it was just inconvenient to turn them around, put them away, and set them back up when he wasn't out to Connor.

Since Heidi wasn't around much, their house was a bit messy. Evan tried not to let stuff build up, but he procrastinated a lot, and sometimes he was just clueless on cleaning and needed to wait for Heidi to help him. His room was somewhat tidy, because he didn't really go out and collect stuff, but he still had more than enough clothes than he knew what to do with.

The final factor however, was the size. Even from outside, it looked huge, much bigger than his own. When he went inside it, the walls rose above him, thick hallways making travel easy and assessable. They had a basement that apparently was filled with workout equipment that Connor apparently used on bad days. Their dining room and kitchen were separated, having a doorway for usage. In the living room, it was filled with furniture Evan knew none of the Murphy's used enough, paintings and family portraits hung proudly on the wall. Outside was a ginormous, magneficent garden, filled with a variety of flowers and plants. Evan loved that garden. The upstairs area had far too many rooms than the Murphy's knew what to do with, as they've said themselves.

So yeah, it was a big house. Evan's just had the ground floor, all connected living room, dining room, and kitchen, with a small bathroom, among with a small set of stairs that lead to his bedroom, Heidi's bedroom, and another bathroom. That was it. That was all they had.

Connor liked his house. He said it was nice to have empty space filled, less space to worry about, and in general the comfortableness it brought. Connor explained that his house felt like a trophy. All it was good for was showing off and filling space.

But with Evan's house, he argued it was like a sovienor. Always bringing back memories from the past to look upon proudly of, to be happy about, and to feel homey. But recently, he admitted he started to feel just a little more comfortable there when things started changing (like when he went on medication, for instance).

And while Connor drove him back home at eleven at night, Evan knew he was just trying to protect him, specifically from whatever nasty fight would break out in that household. After their first fight, Evan explained that he hated fighting, simply because of what happened with his parents. They would always fight, and it put a large dent on both their relationship and friendship. The only time Heidi ever brought up Mark was if he was asking her if he could come down to Colorado to visit. Aside from that, they didn't talk anymore. And with some very strong feelings Evan had been developing for the latter for quite a while, he was not willing to say anything about it, especially with what his parents went through.

So it was a bit of a surprise when Connor asked him if he wanted to sleep over.

"It's just cause no one else will be around," he'd said sheepishly, "so we won't have to worry about my family fighting. Plus we always sleep over at your place, and I just... I want you to be comfortable there, like I am with yours."