Prom pt1 {Treebros}

A/N- More trans Evan because yes (and nonbinary Connor too)

And yes, it's a two parter. The next part will be posted next week.

"So what'd you wanna do with your hair?"

"I uh.. don't know?"

Connor grabbed a magazine from the table and handed it to him, "Here, this'll give you some ideas."

"I like my pixie cut though," Evan crossed his arms.

"I'm not saying I don't like it! I just.. don't know if you want to go all out, like other people do," Connor huffed lightly.

Evan glanced at the magazine and sighed. He wasn't really one to go all out, but he did want to look nice. He just didn't know how. Reluctantly, he went to sit on Connor's bed and skim through it.

Connor went and sat next to him. "I was thinking of getting my hair braided. Cynthia also said she knows someone who can make a gender neutral outfit for me."

Evan looked over at them and smiled, "Hey, that's good! I uh, already have my.. stuff."

"When do I get to see?" Connor asked.

"At prom," he just smiled.

Connor frowned, "Aw okay. I bet whatever you wear you'll look cute in it, though."

Evan leaned over and planted a kiss on their cheek, "Thank you."

~*~

"Evan, it finally came in!"

Evan jumped out of his bed and ran out into the living room, where his mother was holding a box.

Heidi handed it to him. "Try it on?"

Evan nodded eagerly, words failing to express the happiness pumping through his entire essence. He took the box and raced into the bathroom, changing quickly.

He looked at himself in the mirror. It was a navel blue, hiding a white undershirt, and a currently untied red tie. He teared up. He loved it. It was perfect.

Evan remembered prom in Junior Year (brought to you buy; Jared peer pressuring him into it). It was before he realized he was transgender. He'd worn a blue dress, but didn't like it at all. About a week later, he realized why.

He set out his phone and looked up how to tye a tie. It didn't help that much. As much as he tried, he couldn't get it. Evan huffed and went to his mom.

Heidi chuckled when she saw him, "Can't figure it out?"

Evan blushed and shook his head. "No. It's hard.."

Heidi went and tied it. "You remind me of your uncle. Both me and your aunt have to tye his tie whenever we have a get together or something. He's gotten a little better at it, but we're used to it."

"I don't think I inherited your ability to tye ties," Evan laughed lightly.

"You've just never had a reason to wear a tie until now," Heidi finished and adjusted it. She stepped back and smiled. "You look amazing, sweetheart."

Evan smiled slightly. "I'm glad we found it. It was, it was a good deal."

"Twenty five dollars was a steal! How could we not get it?" Heidi chuckled.

"Do you think Connor will like it?" He asked sheepishly.

"Definitely. There's no doubt in mind that they won't be swooning the second they see you," Heidi said confidently, crossing her arms.

Evan smiled a little more, "Thanks mom."

~*~

"You cut your hair shorter."

Evan looked up from the comic he was reading and to his datemate. "Hmm? Oh, y-yeah, I did. I just- I wanted it shorter, I guess."

Connor stood and went over to them. "It's cute," they smiled, sitting down next to Evan.

"Is it too much?" Evan blushed slightly.

"I don't think so," Connor started to mess with his hair. "I like it a lot."

"Yeesh, I can tell," he rolled his eyes playfully, but leaned his head closer to their hands. He wouldn't admit it, but he liked it when they played with his hair.

Connor chuckled and pulled him closer, "C'here wanna cuddle with you."

Evan complied happily, scooting closer to them and wrapped his arms around his datemate's middle. He then proceeded to nuzzle his head into their shoulder. He could feel Connor put their arms around his waist, leaning back a bit.

They stayed like that for a little bit, but soon Connor sat up, "Okay, time to get up. I need to redo my nail polish."

"Um. S-speaking of nail polish.. Can you do mine?" Evan blushed slightly, sitting up and moving to get off.

"Hmm? Sure! What color do you want?" Connor stood up, taking Evan's hand and helping him up.

"B-blue please," Evan stood as well, letting Connor lead him to the bathroom. Once inside, they shut the door and let Evan sit on the toilet. Connor grabbed a shade of blue they thought Evan would like and opened it up, going over to him.

"You ever paint your nails as a kid?" They asked, tenderly taking Evan's hand and started to paint a finer.

Evan shook his head, "My hands were- well, still are, too shaky."

"Well feel free to ask anytime," Connor stated, continuing to paint. "This kind of stuff is really relaxing to me."

"Thanks," he giggled a bit, "I might need the coat reapplied for prom, though."

"Then I'm your nonbinary pal," Connor hummed, finishing up. "Excited? Your mom mentioned it wasn't exactly the funnest.."

Evan sighed. He should've expected his mom would tell Connor about that. "Post Prom was probably the best part of that night. I know it'll be better."

Connor pecked his lips, "It's gonna go well, I'll do everything in my power to make that happen. Maybe I can convince Larry to buy a limo," he quirked their lips into a smile.

Evan laughed, "Do you have any idea how many people are riding in limousines? Your Subaru will be fine."

"It's not looking the best," Connor scowled. "It still has scratches and dents from when I crashed it. Cynthia wants to sell it and buy me a truck or something."

"A truck would be nice," Evan hummed. "We could lay in the back of it and stargaze."

"If we do that, we're gonna fall asleep," Connor snickered.

Evan rolled his eyes, "Whatever. At least I'll be by someone incredible."

"Ouch. I didn't realize you were taking Jared."

"I meant you."