1

A/N: This is set two years after My Prince.

Y/N p.o.v.

The day started as usual. I was in my room finishing up an essay for my art-history class when my dad walked inside my room.

"Y/N?" My dad looked at me.

"Hm?"I asked.

"Remember the prince who was here two years ago?" He leaned to the wall.

I immediately stopped in my tracks. I hadn't heard about Jimin since... ages. I was still followed him on social media, but not like I used to. We were planning to go to the same college, but sadly, I couldn't go because it was too far and my dad couldn't afford me living on the campus. Jimin and I have never officially broken up. We just stopped talking. Either I didn't have time to answer his messages or he didn't have time to answer mine.

"Yes?" I nodded. My heart was beating insanely fast and I suddenly felt dizzy.

"Well, his mother called me up and offered me a job." He explained with a calm expression, but I could easily recognize that he was excited.

"You mean the queen?" I gasped. "What?"

"She asked me if I would like to be Jimin's bodyguard." He said.

"Oh." I nodded and left out a sigh." But why just now?"

"Apparently it was Jimin's choice." He told me. "His old bodyguard had to move away because of family purposes, and they were about to find someone new, but the queen said that Jimin wanted me."

"That's awesome." I laughed.

"But before I accept the job, I just want to tell you that if I go, you'll have to come with me and we'll be living in the castle." He explained.

"But...What about college?" I shook my head.

"The queen said she can put you into the same school Jimin goes to." He told me. "And from what I've heard Jungkook goes to that school, too. At least you'll know somebody."

"Okay." I nodded. "Go and accept it."

"Are you sure?" He asked me.

"Dad, this is an amazing opportunity." I told him. "And I can have better education, too."

"I'm glad you think this way." He smiled but before he left, he turned back around to look at me." What happened between you and Jimin?"

"We stopped talking." I shrugged. "He didn't have time, neither did I."

" I'm sure he misses you." My dad patted my back.

"If he would miss me, he would text me." I shrugged.

"I think he's just afraid." He told me. "Maybe he doesn't know what to say after not talking for this long. Trust me, neither do you."

" I have so many things to say. " I raised my brows.

" I'll call his mother back and accept the offer, okay?" My dad smiled at me.

I nodded and he walked out from my room. I left out a sigh, and I saved the essay I was writing. I decided to go and search Jimin's Instagram up, as I hadn't seen it in ages and obviously he had posted quite a lot.

 I decided to go and search Jimin's Instagram up, as I hadn't seen it in ages and obviously he had posted quite a lot

He had  his 21st birthday a few days before and that was also the first time I had talked to him that year.

My phone got a notification, saying that he was doing a live stream. I tapped on the notification and the live stream loaded. The comments were going really fast, so I was hoping he won't see that I joined the chat, but he did.

"Hey Y/U/N (your username)." Jimin said my username and I got so nervous. He knew that I was watching his live.

I said hi back, but I supposed he didn't notice as he was talking to someone in his room. I noticed he was spending a lot of time with Jungkook nowadays. Through his live stream, he answered questions and talked about how his birthday went. It was a hour and a half long live stream. The person in his room was Seokjin and they kept goofing around like two children. I turned my phone off, and I let out a deep sigh. I walked out from my room to the living room and sat down next to my father on the rug.

"So, what happened?" I asked.

"I accepted the job." Dad smiled." And a driver is coming for us tomorrow morning, so pack everything you need because we're going to live there."

I smiled, but I was actually really anxious. Especially about seeing Jimin  again. The thought of having to see him everyday made me really scared. I didn't know how to address him, how to talk to him or act around him. Was I just an ex-partner or by any chance, more? I felt like I was some nobody and he didn't even care about me anymore.