Sports Festival: Berserk

Izuku squinted and put a hand over his eyes, his mind still foggy from the events that had just occurred. Where.. Where am I? He thought to himself, slowly becoming aware of his surroundings. He let his hand fall down to his side, too weak to keep it afloat, and looked around. He was in the medical tent, if his memory served him right. There was red fabric that shielded himself from the sun, and the outside world. He quickly saw the entrance to the tent, and reached towards it, as if to open it. Feeling a tugging sensation on his arm, he quickly stopped. There was a tube inserted into his forearm, for some reason. A sharp intake of breath could be heard as he realized what had occurred.

That one girl.. Duoy, that dart she got me with must have had some kind of paralyzing substance in it.. Was it really that strong..? Izuku groggily thought. The IV tube in his arm suddenly caught his attention. 

Izuku muttered as he pulled the IV tube from his arm with his teeth. "I guess so.. If they had to drain my blood to get the chemical out of my body, then it must have been extremely strong.." 

Yawning, he pushed himself onto his feet. His vision immediately began to unfocus, and a lightheaded sensation began to overtake his consciousness.

"Woah there, slow down a bit, give yourself a chance to heal!" A clearly feminine voice exclaimed. Izuku felt a light pressure of the woman's hands on his chest as she forced him to sit back down on the cot.

He looked up to see The School Nurse looming over him, her eyebrows furrowed and lips pursed in a downward fashion. Why doe she keep looking at me like that..? He thought, searching for an answer with the little information he had.

He looked at his body, for that was what she seemed to be staring at, and was met with his bare chest. His face turned scarlet at the realization, he had never been in a situation like this. He attempted to change the subject.

"S..So what happened to me..?" Izuku managed to say, fumbling with his words.

The nurse pulled her eyes away from Izuku's body, and looked him in the eye. "You were injected with a strong paralysis dart, you were lucky it hit where it did, or else you would not have been able to move for another week or so."

Izuku gulped, he knew it wasn't luck. The girl who hit him with the dart knew what she was doing, and if this was an actual situation, he would have been at the mercy of whatever villain hit him with the dart.

Izuku frowned. "Oh-" He paused, a thought suddenly coming forward. "Wait, is the competition still going on?!"

The woman's lips slightly turned upwards. She let out a low noise, and covered her mouth as she continued to emit the noise.

Is.. Is she laughing at me..? Izuku thought.

"Of course you would be worried about that. You could have been seriously injured, but all you care about is getting back onto the field!" She said, still trying to stifle the giggles with her hand.

"No it's just-" 

"No you didn't miss the competition. It's on hold right now, for you in-fact, so be thankful for that." Her tone of voice dropped. "Only reason that happened is because they wouldn't have enough people with out you.." She finished, muttering the final part of the sentence.

Izuku let out the breath he hadn't realized he was holding in. His gaze turned towards the door. I get another chance.. He thought, pushing himself up again.

"I wouldn't do that if I were yo-!" Izuku turned to her, and gave her a look of pure determination.

He fully stood up, and stretched his tight muscles and tired limbs. "I needed to get up anyways.." He insisted, still stretching out.