imagine 30; beyond compare

Sean's POV:

"bro how'd your date with y/n go yesterday?" josh asked me. i opened my water and sat on the counter as i reminisced on last night.

"you know man i never thought i'd have such an amazing night with a girl." i told him.

he sat on the counter across from me and raised his eyebrows. "how so?" he replied.

i exhaled and smiled. "dude she's incredible. as we were walking on the beach she stopped and looked at me and just said 'sean do you think the waves are the worlds way of telling us that life goes on even if it's rough?' and all i could think was wow even her mind is gorgeous."

josh looked at me and giggled. "ew you sound like your in a movie." he stated.

i laughed. "i don't know man i've never felt this way about a girl. she makes me want to be sentimental and romantic." josh laughed.

"did you kiss her?" he asked.

i gushed about the thought of our kiss. "oh my gosh bro. her lips were so soft. when i held her it felt like i was meant to be there. and don't even get me started on the smell of her perfume."

josh smiled. "the smell of her perfume?" he asked.

i rolled my eyes. "bro i'm so serious she smelled like the pure essence of beauty." i told him.

josh laughed and went upstairs to use the bathroom.

there was a knock at the door. and i heard the door open. i took another sip of my water and she walked into the kitchen.

as i saw her i blushed.

"hey you." she said.

"hey you." i said back. she walked over to me and stood between my legs.

i smiled at her. "listen i have to tell you about this amazing date i went on last night." she stated.

i kissed her gently and she smiled through it. "really?" i asked before she kissed me again and started playing with my fingers.

"yeah. i've never been more starstruck." she explained with joy.

"yea? what was he like?" i asked her and she smiled through another sweet kiss.

she giggled and ran her nimble hands through my hair.

"well he was very charming..." she kissed me.

"really cute and flirty." her lips met my cheek.

"verryyyy romantic." she stated and i kissed her cheek.

i smiled. "he sounds like a real keeper." i told her and winked casually.

she laughed calmly. "too bad i think he's gay."

i sighed as i laughed. "oh come on why would you ruin the game?" i asked.

she laughed and our eyes locked and almost like electric our souls were tangled together.

her elbows slightly rested on my knees for a second before i smiled at her.

her hands traveled up to my face and her thumb stroked my cheek.

"you have such a nice smile, sean." she told me as she ran her thumb over my dimple and took a deep breath.

my smile carved into a small one with a closed mouth.

not because i was saddened but it was because of the fact that she not only thought it but it also was so genuine and sweet.