imagine 37; get out

your pov:

you know ever since i was a kid, he's always been there.

he was a childhood friend. our parents were really close because we were neighbors.

and so were we, because of that.

and yet as we grew older he started to get distant. he got better friends. which is fine he still came over every once in a while but it was different.

until high school. we were apart. worlds apart.

i was smart, he was popular.

we used to butt heads.

he was never violent. and it never hurt me that much because i knew everything about him.

but today i decided to mess with him.

it was the end of the day at school and i was standing at my locker with my friends. they were saying something. but i wasn't really paying attention to it.

"hey loser." i heard from behind me.

"what do you want leward? i got studying to do." i answered.

"studying? god and i thought you couldn't get more boring. you know some people actually have lives y/n." he teased,

i thought this would be an amazing time to mess with him. and i know exactly how i'm gonna do it.

so i took a couple steps toward him and laughed. "yea but i guess some people need to learn not to judge a book by it's cover." i whispered to him.

he shivered. whispering is his weakness.

"uh. why's that?" he said after letting a sigh out.

this time i got so close to him that we were touching. and it felt like it was just us two in the entire school. i giggled.

"honey just because i have reading glasses doesn't mean i can't see through your bullshit." i whispered to him as i ran my hand down his chest.

he cleared his throat and took a deep breath. "yea right. you have glasses for a reason." i let my hand reach up and run through his hair.

i looked him straight in the eyes. "sweetheart my glasses don't prevent me from seeing your fake ego. now. if you'll excuse me. i have a career to work for. bye." and with that i gave him a light shove and his posse friends steadied him as me and my two friends walked away.

as soon as we were out of sight from them they screamed. "y/n!!! what the fuck?! how did you do that?" my friend charlotte said.

"yea it was like you completely silenced him!!" my friend layla laughed.

i laughed with them and just said "ahhh me and sean go waaay back." and they just laughed and we all walked home as usual.

and now we're here. i finished my homework a couple hours ago and am now just chilling in my living room. feeling really proud of what happened.

my parents aren't home. they're never home. my dad is always working and my mom is in jail. so i basically always have the house to myself. my dad comes home from work when i leave for school in the morning because his hours are so fucked up. but it's okay. he has weekends off.

you know i really miss him right now. he would be so proud of what happened with sean today at school.

i was just watching netflix, eating popcorn, vibing. and then i heard a knock at the door.