The Pregnancy Test

16 October 2018

"Aw honey, are you ok?" Shawn asked, rushing up to my side.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I think I just need to get back home." I croaked back.

Shawn slowly helped me up and we walked back to the car. He quickly opened the car door, helping me strap into the seat.

"I'm sorry we had to leave. I don't know what's wrong with me." I said, exhausted.

"It's ok, honey. Let's just get you home." As soon as we got to the house, I collapsed in bed, not even bothering to change into my pyjamas.

~The Next Morning~

I woke up to the bright sunlight streaming in through the curtains. Just as I rolled over trying to fall back asleep, I felt the familiar nauseating feeling in my stomach.

Not again, I thought to myself as I ran to the toilet just in time. Within a few seconds, I felt a warm hand rubbing gently on my back while the other was pulling my hair away from my face.

"Everything's going to be alright, El." Shawn said, rubbing my back in circular motions. After feeling better, I brushed my teeth, collapsing back into bed.

"Hey El, is it something you ate that's giving you such a bad stomachache?" Shawn asked, kissing me on the cheek, placing a protective arm around my waist.

"I don't know. But then again, my period's actually 5 days late."

"And that's supposed to mean...?" Shawn asked, completely oblivious.

"Wait...maybe I'm pregnant." I said, processing the information. I sat up straight, staring at Shawn. Slowly, his eyes started to widen.

"You think, baby?" Shawn replied, a grin beginning to form on his face.

"I've got a pregnancy test in the bathroom. I'm gonna go take it." I quickly got up, rushing to the bathroom, unboxing the pregnancy test.

~10 Minutes Later~

"What does it say, El?" Shawn asked, knocking on the door. I just stood there, my eyes tearing up.

"Babe..." I said, opening the bathroom door.

"I'm pregnant."

"Oh my gosh, really?" Shawn asked, standing next to me in disbelief, taking the test from my hands.

"Babe, you're pregnant!" Shawn lifted me up, flipping me over his shoulder.

"Put me down!" I squealed, hitting his back.

"We're gonna be parents, El!" Shawn said, placing me on the bed and smothering me with kisses.

"We need to book a doctor's appointment and tell our families and...there's so much to do!"

"Shawn, Shawn, calm down! We don't even know for sure yet." I said, placing my hand on his soft cheek. He was so precious.

Shawn quickly got up from the bed, reaching over to his phone on the bedside table.

"Hi, I would like to book an appointment for Elodie Mendes. Ok. Bye. It's booked for
2 o'clock this afternoon, El." Shawn said, placing his phone back down and hugging me to his chest.

"I'm so excited, El. I love you," He whispered in my ear.

"I love you too," I replied.

@elodiemendes instagram

96,245elodiemendes something super exciting happened today

96,245
elodiemendes something super exciting happened today. Can't wait to share with you guys ❤
tagged shawnmendes

shawnmendes so excited honey x

shawnieboy I wonder what it is...

shelodie ARE THEY EXPECTING A BABY

aaliyahm.endes why haven't you guys told me yet?!

johnmayer you guys haven't told me either @aaliyahm.endes

camila_cabello you guys are so cutee

A/n Thank you for reading this! Hope you're having a good day!
Simplicute x