The Announcement

Later that night
17 October 2018

"Shawn and Elodie, welcome!" Karen, Shawn's mum hugged us, pecking us on the cheek.

"Hey mum," Shawn grinned. It was so nice to see how much he cared about his family.

"Elodie!" Aaliyah came running in from the living room, hugging me.

"Hey Liyah!" I hugged back, smiling at how sweet she was.

"Hey! Why don't I get a hug? Come here sis." Shawn placed his hand on the small of my back.

Once we had all hugged and greeted each other, we made our way into the kitchen where Shawn's dad, Manny was cooking.

"Hey kids!" Manny started taking off his apron, coming over to give us a hug.

"Hey Manny!" I hugged Manny, before he hugged Shawn.

"Hey dad, I see you're finally in the kitchen!" Shawn smirked.

"What do you mean? I'm always in the kitchen!"

"Really?" Karen asked, looking over at Manny.

Shawn and I laughed before we all sat down at the dining table.

I was in between Shawn and Aaliyah, while Karen and Manny sat opposite us.

"So how's the music going Shawn? Have you nearly finished the album?" Shawn's mum started cutting her famous Sunday lamb.

"It's been good. I'm probably more than half way through which is exciting." Shawn replied, resting his hand on my thigh.

"And Elodie, how are Anna and Kylie?" Manny asked.

"They're great. Mum's job is really busy and Kylie's just started university which she's loving." Unfortunately, my family's all in Australia, where I'm from, so we'll have to tell them the news through Facetime.

"Actually guys, we've got some news that we'd like to share." Shawn intertwined my hand with his under the table, smiling at me as if asking if it was ok to announce the news. I nodded in return.

"What? Are you ok?" Karen asked, placing her cutlery down onto her plate.

"Are you moving to Australia?" Manny added.

"Is Elodie leaving?" Aaliyah asked, facing me.

"Nothing's wrong guys! It's good news!" I said, everyone letting out a long breath of relief.

"We're pregnant." Shawn said, grinning at me. The thought of Shawn saying we warmed my heart. He was so precious.

"Oh my gosh, really?" Aaliyah asked, jumping up and hugging me.

"I'm going to be an aunty?" Aaliyah screamed in my ear.

"That's right." I said, Karen's eyes welled up across the table.

"Manny, we're going to be grandparents!" Karen and Manny stood up, coming to hug both of us.

"Congratulations!" Manny said, hugging me.

"How many weeks are you?" Karen asked, examining my belly.

"5," I replied, smiling at their reaction.

"We just found out this morning." Shawn wrapped his arm around my waist, kissing my cheek. Within a few minutes we were all sat back in our seats, discussing what we thought the gender of the baby was and potential names.

@shawnmendes instagram

2,561,325shawnmendes surely I am being rewarded because I have you ❤tagged elodiemendes

2,561,325
shawnmendes surely I am being rewarded because I have you ❤
tagged elodiemendes

View all comments

shawnieboy you guys are couple goalssss

taylorswift love you both 💞

elodiemendes love you baby

shawnlover love from Norway

marrymeshawn kill me alreadyyyy

A/n Thank you for reading this chapter. I am trying to update as much as possible so hang in there!
Simplicute x